I think its safe to say Alice In Wonderland had a pretty good weekend. Considering its shattering box office records left and right, you’ve probably seen Alice In Wonderland at this point, so why not join me for some spoiler talk!
Director and subject matter make for a perfect marriage in Tim Burton‘s version of the Lewis Carroll classic. Alice In Wonderland stars frequent Burton collaborator Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, Defiance‘s Mia Wasikowska as Alice, Anne Hathaway as the White Queen, Helena Bonham-Carter as the Red Queen, and Crispin Glover as the Knave of Hearts.
I thought Burton’s style fit in nicely with the world of Wonderland and I really enjoyed the performances by Wasikowska and Bonham-Carter. Sadly, I am starting to grow a bit tired of the Burton/Depp/Bonham-Carter collaboration. All their recent films feel very similar and I haven’t really seen a lot of growth from the trio. Do you think its about time Burton found new best friends?
If you have seen Alice In Wonderland, then, it’s time for SPOILER TALK! Below are some of my spoiler-filled thoughts on the film, and as always, remember to leave your thoughts about the movie here below in the Comments section.
– The 3D gave me a headache at times, especially during scenes that had fast movements and a lot of motion in them. Was it like that in Avatar?
– This movie was originally shot for 2D and up-converted to 3D later, which I think is the wrong way to go. Avatar really set the standard for filming movies in 3D with 3D cameras!
– When did Alice find the time to become a sword-wielding warrior?
– Along those same lines, did we really need the Lord Of The Rings climax?
– The ending sets up further adventures for Alice outside of Wonderland, would you like to see those further adventures or are you happy knowing she’s having said adventures but never seeing them?
Now its your turn: What did you think of Alice In Wonderland? Did you see it in 2D, 3D or IMAX?