TO ENTER: Fill out the form below and include the correct answer to the following question:
What country is Bruges in?
Entry form is here after the jump.
RULES: One entry per person. All entries must be in by Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 9pm EST. This contest is only open to residents of the United States. No international entries will be accepted. Entries tracked through contest-jacking blind-link websites such as online-sweepstakes.com and slickdeals.net, et. al, will be immediately disqualified. Void where prohibited. Winners will be chosen randomly from valid entries and will be notified by email.
About In Bruges
Academy Award-winning writer/director Martin McDonagh takes audiences on a killingly funny trip In Bruges, which is world-premiering as the opening-night film of the 2008 Sundance Film Festival.
Mr. McDonagh makes his feature directorial debut on the film, from his own original screenplay. His plays (which include The Lieutenant of Inishmore and The Pillowman) have brought him two Olivier Awards and four Tony Award nominations. He wrote and directed Six Shooter, starring Brendan Gleeson, which earned him the 2006 Academy Award for Best Live-Action Short Film.
In Bruges was filmed on location; Bruges (pronounced “broozh”), the most well-preserved medieval city in the whole of Belgium , is a welcoming destination for travellers from all over the world. But for hit men Ray (Colin Farrell) and Ken (Brendan Gleeson), it could be their final destination; a difficult job has resulted in the pair being ordered right before Christmas by their London boss Harry (two-time Academy Award nominee Ralph Fiennes) to go and cool their heels in the storybook Flemish city for a couple of weeks.
Very much out of place amidst the gothic architecture, canals, and cobbled streets, the two hit men fill their days living the lives of tourists. Ray, still haunted by the bloodshed in London , hates the place, while Ken, even as he keeps a fatherly eye on Ray’s often profanely funny exploits, finds his mind and soul being expanded by the beauty and serenity of the city.
Here’s some more info that you might find helpful (or, at least, Brugeian);
– Bruges is in Belgium
– Pronunciation: “broozh” (rhymes with “rouge”)
– Bruges is known for its lace and chocolate (these are best enjoyed together)
– Tony Parker of the NBA’s San Antonio Spurs was born in Bruges but raised in France (and now lives in the U.S. with wife Eva Longoria Parker)
– Arch-fiend Doctor Evil, from the Austin Powers movie series, is also rumored to be from Bruges
– Several beers are named after Bruges: Brugge Blond, Brugge Tripel, Brugs, Brugse Straffe Hendrik, and Brugse Zot (there may be more, but we passed out after the Zot)
– Bruges is known as the “ Venice of the North” because of its many canals.