One of the more appealing additions to gamers these days is what goodies they can get if they pre-order a game. Most know ahead of time whether or not they’re going to buy a video game, but the offer of a little extra something special that no one else who doesn’t pre-order will have is always a welcomed option.
Most of the time, a pre-order will come with a special code for an outfit or weapon to download when the game is released, but when it comes to Fallout: New Vegas, they’re offering up four different packs, each coming with four things to get your game started off right.
The four packs are being offered, as usual, depending on where you pre-order — either from GameStop, Amazon, Steam, Walmart, or Best Buy. Click on over to the other side to see what you get with each unique offer, and where you’ll be reserving your copy. These are all available in North America right now, with the rest of the world soon to follow.
Fallout: New Vegas is the follow-up to 2008 Game of the Year Fallout 3. It will be released some time this fall.
Here’s the rundown of the four packs being offered with your pre-order and where to grab them. (Click images for a screen shot of what each looks like)
THE CLASSIC PACK, available when you pre-order through GameStop, contains:
* Armored Vault 13 Suit – Extensively patched up and dotted with piecemeal armor, this outfit is an homage to the classic ending of the original Fallout.
* Vault 13 Canteen – This handy device is useful for staving off dehydration and providing a small amount of healing in the Mojave Wasteland.
* Weathered 10mm Pistol – A well-worn 10mm pistol that packs an extra punch despite its modest size.
* 5 Stimpaks – Food and water are good for long-term healing, but when the fighting is fierce, Stimpaks help keep Wastelanders upright.
THE TRIBAL PACK, available when you pre-order through Amazon, contains:
* Tribal Raiding Armor – Pieced together from scraps of armor, this outfit provides protection without impacting mobility.
* Broad Machete – This heavy-bladed melee weapon does high damage against limbs and can quickly deal out a flurry of attacks.
* 5 Bleak Venom doses – Useful on any Melee Weapon, Bleak Venom makes short of work of most living targets.
* 10 Throwing Spears – If you would like to silently pin an enemy’s head to a wall, Throwing Spears are the way to do it.
THE CARAVAN PACK, available when you pre-order through Steam and Walmart, contains:
* Lightweight Leather Armor – This hand-modified suit of leather armor reduces its overall weight without impacting its ability to protect.
* Sturdy Caravan Shotgun – Despite its rough appearance, this Caravan Shotgun will reliably fire 20 gauge shells until the Brahmin come home.
* 4 Repair Kits – Useful for repairing any outfit or weapon, Repair Kits are a valuable tool for any caravaner.
* Binoculars â€“ The Mojave Wasteland is a dangerous place, but with these trusty Binoculars youâ€™ll be able to spot trouble coming.
THE MERCENARY PACK, available when you pre-order through Best Buy, contains:
* Lightweight Metal Armor – Modified for long-range travel, this Metal Armor sacrifices some protection for mobility and overall weight.
* Mercenaryâ€™s Grenade Rifle – Though similar to other 40mm Grenade Rifles in the Mojave Wasteland, this model has a faster reload cycle.
* 3 Super Stimpaks – When you absolutely, positively, need to keep your blood inside your body, Super Stimpaks fix you up in no time.
* 3 Doctors Bags – Mercenaries and broken limbs go together like Iguana-on-a-Stick and Nuka Cola. Thankfully, these Doctors Bags take a bit of sting out of the inevitable crushed skull.