Video Game Deal: ‘Warhammer 40K: Space Marine’ & ‘Dead Island’
By Empress Eve
Saturday, September 10th, 2011 at 8:21 am
Yesterday we told you about the demo for Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, the video game released this week. Today, wouldn’t you know it, it’s on sale!
There’s two video game deals today over at Amazon:
– Warhammer 40K: Space Marine: PC Download: $39.99 [20% off the list price of $49.99]
– Dead Island: PC Download: $39.99 [20% off the list price of $49.99]
Note, these deals are valid only for today, Saturday, September 10, 2011, until 11:59PM PST while supplies last.
See more details for Warhammer 40K: Space Marine and Dead Island here below, from their respective product pages.
– Warhammer 40K: Space Marine
Warhamer 40,000: Space Marine is a third-person Action Shooter in which players accept the role of a Space Marine Captain tasked with the defense of the empire as well as humanity against the Chaos Faction lead by the ruthless Ork hordes. Players will have to use their exceptional size, strength, armor, weaponry and fighting spirit in order to succeed. Features include: a new seamless combat system allowing equally for ranged and melee action, hordes of deadly enemies of various kinds, intense 16-player online multiplayer and more.
– Storm Into Battle – Step fearlessly into the heart of combat as an unstoppable Space Marine. Never hide, never cower, just purge all that stand in your way.
– Unleash Visible Violent Death – Using an innovative, new combat system, switch seamlessly from high-caliber ranged weapons to devastating close-combat strikes. Taking out an enemy has never been so satisfying.
– Experience the Dark Future of Warhammer 40,000 – Jump into a rich universe of awe-inspiring landscapes, deadly enemies, immense battles and ruthless annihilation.
– Take the Battle Online – Form your own Space Marine squad or Chaos Space Marine warband and face off in 8 vs. 8 online matches. Gain experience and unlock new weapons and armor to customize the Devastator, Assault and Tactical Marine classes.
The island of Banoi is a lush, tropical paradise in the South Pacific where its flagship Royal Palms Resort serves as the ultimate getaway for vacationers with money to burn. However, all good things must soon come to an end – and the picturesque resort falls into madness, carnage and chaos after a mysterious and contagious zombie outbreak claims its once peaceful atmosphere. Cut off from the rest of the world, only four individuals who strangely find themselves immune to zombification have the power to protect the remaining survivors from the horrors of the island, to discover what’s really going on and find a way to escape before their own fatal ends.
– In keeping with an atmosphere of desperation and survival by any means, Dead Island focuses on serious, first-person action gameplay with a close-quarter, immersive melee focus.
– Dead Island’s seamless 4 player co-op multiplayer seeks to provide the most immersive multiplayer experience to date. Players can drop in and out of each other’s games at any time with no loss of progress as well as the ability to continue on alone or with others.
– With thousands of weapons in-game to collect, from simple wooden bats to fire-axes to heavy rifles, Dead Island is a collector’s dream. This in combination with Dead Island’s weapon customization system will enable the player to craft the ultimate weapon to ensure their survival.
– The ability to enhance and develop your character using RPG-like elements including an XP/leveling system and un-lockable skill trees put the power in your hands to create and play a unique protagonist.
– Dead Island’s damage system gives an unprecedented visual detail of the effects of each attack on enemies pushing the boundaries of visualized gore.
– With an open-world setting, Banoi is filled to the brim with things to do and objectives to tackle, allowing a fresh way to advance both the characters and story at the same time and providing for endless replay value.