Supernatural was at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday, and this long-running fan fave shows no signs of slowing down. Although the Earth almost ended with the brother and sister team of God and the Darkness (Rob Benedict, Emily Swallow) squabbling, the season ended with a parting gift for Dean (Jensen Ackles)- his mother resurrected.
The panel included EP Robert Singer, cast Samantha Smith (Mary Winchester), Ackles, Misha Collins (Castiel), and Jared Padalecki (Sam).
– Rick Springfield is Lucifer’s new meat suit! While this means little to no Mark Pellegrino, I am always happy to see Springfield in anything. He will be playing an aging rocker (a stretch) that Lucifer wants to vacation in. I don’t blame him.
– The show will return to the feel of season 1, complete with a Winchester parent. And I love that. Even with the overarching storylines, the boys always found some time for a bit of one-off hunting.
– More family time with Rowena and Crowley (Mark Sheppard and Ruth Connell). Crowley’s son Gavin will be back as well. That should make for some nice comedy, which is really why this show has been so successful – the funny.
– More Men of Letters. I’m not so sure about this one. They drove the rest of the plot, and I’m really glad they have a place to hang their hats, but I did not pay much mind to their significance.
– Not news, but some guy dressed as Castiel proposed to his girlfriend right at the panel. Sweet.
Supernatural season 12 premieres Thursday, October 13th, at 9:00pm ET on The CW.
No Comments »
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL
Leave a comment