Long after the Twilight movies and novels heyday, the city of Forks, Washington still continues to reap the benefits of notoriety, in no small part due to its annual Forever Twilight in Forks Festival, the fourth one coming this September. Filled with memorabilia, actual props, and surprise guests, this event has everything a twinkling vampire fan could ask for.
This year, the festival will be held from September 13-16, 2018. Some special guests already unveiled are Erik Odom (Peter), Kiowa Gordon (Embry), and director Catherine Hardwicks.
The Twilight series was a world phenomenon, five films based on the books of Stephenie Meyer, about the star-crossed love between Edward Cullen, a vampire, and mortal Bella Swan.
Some quick facts about Forks, Washington:
1. Hundreds of props and memorabilia from the Twilight Saga movies and books are housed in The Forever Twilight in Forks Collection gallery — the largest in the world
2. Forks, WA is at the foot of the Olympic National Park and the Hoh Rainforest, the only temperate rainforest in the lower 48 states – it is also a UNESCO World Heritage site.
3. Bordered on the north and west by over 100 miles of saltwater shores, and to the south and east by alpine meadows and rain forest valleys – making it the perfect destination for outdoor adventurers and beach-goers alike.
4. Forks’ annual Forever Twilight in Forks Festival greets over 400-500 guests annually in September and sold out in record time this year. Even though it’s been 10 years since the first Twilight film (2008), fans continue to flock to Forks.
5. Forks has been featured in numerous entertainment and travel magazines and will soon be featured in the new book On Location: A Film & TV Lovers Travel Guide, by Lisa Iannucci, out now.
6. Featured on PBS’ The Great American Read in 2018.
7. Hosts two free, and volunteer-led tours and attractions: The Logging and Mill Tour (a history of the past and future of Logging on the Olympic Peninsula) and The Forever Twilight in Forks Collection (a gallery open to the public year-round).