Geeks will discuss and debate for all time what’s wrong with, what should have been, and how it should have been done in regard to George Lucas’s Star Wars prequel trilogy, all while still generally agreeing that the trilogy was, for the most part, a disaster (critically, of course).
The folks over at Belated Media also have their views on how the prequels could have been the movies fans so desperately wanted them to be, and they’re putting their ideas out to the masses to see what everyone thinks. Not that anything can be done about it now, obviously, but hey…it’s fun to pretend.
There’s certainly some interesting tweaks to ponder, so be sure to continue on below to watch the video and be sure to share your thoughts in the comments!
Before all of this madness with Disney purchasing Lucasfilm and announcing brand new Star Wars movies began, we were in the midst of getting George Lucas‘s prequel trilogy re-released into theaters with a 3D makeover.
The Phantom Menace had already returned to theaters last February to show off its third dimension, adding $43 million domestically and $59 million overseas to its overall box office take, and release dates were set for Attack of the Clones (September 20, 2013) and Revenge of the Sith (October 11, 2013).
Here’s a good one for a laugh. There’s been a whole bunch of awesome Star Wars humor videos on the web, most of them using excerpts from the films and re-edited by fans. This one is of “NO” exception, as it features every single time the word “no” is mentioned in all six movies. It’s worth a look, so check it out at the bottom of the post.
Although the obvious classic (and/or groan-worthy) NO’s are featured in the video, you’ll be surprised how much the word is actually used in the movies. It may probably fuel the George Lucas Haters’ vocal detestation of his writing, but haters gonna hate!
The Star Wars NO video was edited by Chris Haynes, and uploaded to YouTube by HughesnBeuks.
Anyway, take a look, and leave your thoughts in a comment below.
Few things can match the excitement that Star Wars fans had when they found out that the three prequel movies in a rumored 9–movie franchise were going to be made by George Lucas. But in 1999 the prequel trilogy began, and when it was all said and done in 2005 fans were only left scratching their heads, unsure of what had just happened to them.
Since then all anyone has ever wanted was an answer as to why the three movies””Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones, and Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (which, to be fair, is pretty decent and by far the best of the three)””didn’t come close to living up to the hype set by the classic original trilogy released in the late ’70s and early ’80s.
Thankfully that answer is now here in the form of a video called George Lucas Strikes Back. Not much else needs to be said””go forth, and discover the answers you’ve sought for so very long now.