Two trips to the sewers and it was pretty much over for the Platinum Dunes reboot of the ’80s cult favorite heroes Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
But out of the ooze of failure comes another reboot. Reports confirm that Paramount is working on a relaunch for the franchise, with a film that would be penned by Bad Words writer Andrew Dodge. More on the story below.
WWE star John Cena is currently in negotiations to star in a movie based on the Duke Nukem video game series.
The planned movie comes from Michael Bay, Brad Fuller, and Andrew Form‘s Platinum Dunes, which is best known for producing horror remakes like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Amityville Horror, Friday the 13th, and A Nightmare on Elm Street, as well as the Purge and Ouija movies, the recent Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie franchise reboot, and the upcoming A Quiet Place.
There’s been so many Friday the 13th movies the past few decades that it’s hard to try to figure out new things to do to keep things fresh and entertaining for new installments. It’s already been six years since 2009’s reboot of the franchise, believe it or not, and a sequel has been talked about since then. Over the years we’ve heard about numerous twists that could come into play for the next movie, ranging from small tweaks like setting the movie during the winter months to much bigger changes like maybe not using Jason Voorhees (the very idea!) or using the popular found footage style.
But when all is said and done, these movies are made for the die-hard fans of the franchise who don’t want the formula changed too much. And according to producer Brad Fuller, who’s usually the one offering updates on the sequel, negative fan response has led to them dropping the found footage idea. See what he had to say below.
Tyler Perry is the latest addition made to the cast of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. A new report says that the actor has signed on to play Baxter Stockman, a nefarious scientist who often works for Shredder and his dreaded Foot Clan.
Perry joins Megan Fox and Will Arnett, who will reprise their respective roles in the sequel, and Arrow star Stephen Amell, who was recently cast as masked vigilante Casey Jones. Other actors reprising their roles in the first movie have not been confirmed. Hit the jump for more.
It’s being reported that producers Michael Bay, Brad Fuller, and Andrew Form of Platinum Dunes may have found their director for the next installment in the Friday the 13th franchise.
It’s being reported that David Bruckner has entered into negotiations for the movie, which has already has a cozy Friday the 13th release date in 2015 set. Bruckner wrote and directed 2007’s The Signal, and wrote and directed a segment of the found footage horror anthology V/H/S titled “Amateur Night,” in which some guys meet some girls at a bar and bring them to a hotel where things don’t go quite as planned.