Wanna be in a movie…sorta? STX Entertainment has released a trailer for The Limit, an upcoming virtual reality experience which makes you one of the stars.
The experience, which will run around 20 minutes long, is written and directed by Robert Rodriguez (Sin City, the upcoming Alita: Battle Angel) and also stars Michelle Rodriguez (Fast and the Furious, Widows) and Norman Reedus (The Walking Dead, Blade II).
Click on over to the other side for more information on The Limit and to give the trailer a watch.
Enter a new world of storytelling in this blockbuster “immersive cinema” experience from visionary filmmaker Robert Rodriguez (Sin City). As a rogue agent with a mysterious past, you enlist the help of enhanced super-assassin M-13 (Michelle Rodriguez) to retrieve your identity and strike against the deadly organization that created you. Also featuring Norman Reedus (The Walking Dead), THE LIMIT will put you inside a high-octane 20-minute action movie like you’ve never seen!
THE LIMIT is a lean-back experience captured in a new cinematic VR format, wider than 180 degrees, that bridges the gap between large-format movies and 360-degree video. It offers ultra-high fidelity and unprecedented production value from a live-action VR film.
* Full-length 3D and 2D versions of the film
* 2 featurettes on the making of this groundbreaking production
* Director’s commentary featuring Robert Rodriguez and co-writer Racer Max
* Chapter selection to easily share favorite moments with friends
* Virtual “Surreal Theater” environment
* A rocking spatial audio mix featuring an original music score
* Subtitles in English, Spanish, German, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese
The Limit is available to check out right now. It will cost $9.99 for VR headsets and $7.99 for mobile devices eventually, but at the moment it is going for the half off launch sale prices of $4.99 on VR and $3.99 on mobile devices.