space
head
head head head
Home Contact RSS Feed
COMICS   •   MOVIES   •   MUSIC   •   TELEVISION   •   GAMES   •   BOOKS
Wait, What? Michael Myers To Be Without Mask For Most Of ‘H2’?
space
The Movie God   |  @   |  

Michael Myers

I’m not a big fan of Michael Myers, and I never have been. The original Halloween is a decent little indie horror movie in its own right, but overall, the character as a horror icon bores me to no end. That said, this news even blew me away a little, and I can’t imagine what it will have the hardcore fans saying.

Shock Till You Drop was able to chat with make-up artist Wayne Toth on the set of the sequel to director Rob Zombie‘s reboot of Halloween, entitled H2. One of the questions asked was in regard to a set picture the came a little bit back that showed a beastly Tyler Mane as Michael Myers walking around without his mask on (seen above, click for big). Surprisingly, he admitted that this will be how Michael Myers looks for 70% of the movie!

Toth explains:

That’s Michael’s new look for a lot of the film. Fans will be shocked. They seem pretty responsive to it. But it’s like anything else, as long as you’re doing something cool, people get it.

As you may have figured out, 70% of the movie without the mask leaves 30% of a movie uncovered. Well, there will be masks involved eventually, but there will be changes there as well.

There are a couple different versions of the mask, but none of them are the same mask from the first film. He wanted to take them a step further, even though one of them is basically supposed to be the last mask. We’ve changed it anyway. Then towards the end of the film is the current version of the mask which is a lot different from any of them we’ve seen. People are going to be surprised when they see it. It’s going to thrown the Myers fans for a loop.

I’m really not sure what to think about all of this. Even though I’m not a fan of the character, it’s hard to ignore how ballsy it is to change the look of Michael Myers. He’s someone that is supposed to be one completely blank expression…kind of soul-less looking. If you take that mask off, you’ll have expressions, facial features, emotions, reactions, and none of those are things you associate with Myers.

Of course, aside from the original, none of the sequels were any good, so maybe Rob Zombie can get away with this. While the looks will be different, there could be a whole new element of horror added to the movie going with this route. We are living in a time where Freddy Krueger is not being played by Robert England, after all!

I’m very curious to hear what you Halloween fanatics think of all of this. Let your thoughts be known below!

[Source: via /Film]

4 Comments »

  1. My husband is gonna have a FIT over this. lol

    Comment by charliedoodle — April 12, 2009 @ 11:51 pm

  2. rob zombie is a great film maker (if you don’t include 1000 corpses) and as you said, all of the sequels were rubbish anyway. its not possible to trash the franchise any harder than it has been over the years unless uwe boll gets involved.

    Comment by gman — April 14, 2009 @ 3:00 am

  3. I don’t know why you people say the sequels sucked, a lot of them, like H4, 5, H20, Halloween 2, 6, 3 didn’t even have Michael in it, so I don’t consider it. Resurrection was alright, nothing special, but alright. The remake sucked.

    Comment by KillerCheeto — June 17, 2009 @ 5:57 am

  4. @ The Movie God: You are an idiot :)

    Comment by Bob Don't worry about it — October 21, 2013 @ 9:18 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment

space
Topics: Movies, News
space
Previous Article
space
Next Article
«
»
space
space
space
Amazon.com
space
You may have noticed that we're now AD FREE! Please support Geeks of Doom by using the Amazon Affiliate link above. All of our proceeds from the program go toward maintaining this site.
space
Geeks of Doom on Twitter Geeks of Doom on Facebook Geeks of Doom on Instagram Follow Geeks of Doom on Tumblr Geeks of Doom on YouTube Geeks of Doom Email Digest Geeks of Doom RSS Feed
space
space
space
space
The Drill Down Podcast TARDISblend Podcast Westworld Podcast
2022  ·   2021  ·   2020  ·   2019  ·   2018  ·   2017  ·   2016  ·   2015  ·   2014  ·   2013  ·   2012  ·   2011  ·   2010  ·   2009  ·   2008  ·   2007  ·   2006  ·   2005
space
Geeks of Doom is proudly powered by WordPress.

Students of the Unusual™ comic cover used with permission of 3BoysProductions
The Mercuri Bros.™ comic cover used with permission of Prodigal Son Press

Geeks of Doom is designed and maintained by our geeky webmaster
All original content copyright ©2005-2022 Geeks of Doom
All external content copyright of its respective owner, except where noted
space
Creative Commons License
This website is licensed under
a Creative Commons License.
space
About | Privacy Policy | Contact
space