20th Century Fox has revealed some news that should be happy music to the ears of fans of the 1975 ultimate cult classic The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It’s been announced that the movie will finally be getting its very own Blu-ray release this upcoming October 19.
The movie tells the story of a couple named Brad and Janet (Susan Sarandon and Barry Bostwick) who get lost in the rain and end up taking shelter at Dr. Frank-N-Furter’s (Tim Curry) castle, where things might just be a little bit more strange than the couple may have anticipated.
Click over to see all of the features the new Blu-ray will offer!
Though the film was released in 1975, it’s still in limited release to this very day. That makes it the absolute longest-running theatrical release in history with none others likely to come even close. The movie is such a cult hit that its faithful following still attend these limited screenings all over the world, many of them dressing in costume and interacting with the movie throughout the show.
Here’s a run-down of what you’ll get:
Boasting a newly-restored high definition transfer and 7.1 audio sure to make fans shiver with an-tic-i-pation, the anniversary edition Blu-ray truly brings the Midnight experience home with exclusive new content including Rocky-oke: Sing It!, Picture-In-Picture Shadowcast Performance, Vintage Callback Track (Unrated), Prop Box, Shadowcasting documentary, as well as exclusive new content including BD-LIVE: Live Lookupâ„¢ Powered by IMDb®, Photo Galleries, as well as Deleted Scenes, Audio Commentary and more. For a limited time, The Rocky Horror Picture Show: 35th Anniversary will be packaged in a collectible 24-page book featuring legendary photography from Mick Rock, best known for his iconic shots of rock and roll artists. Rock served as the chief photographer on the film.
* Restored Picture – Brand New 4K/2K Master From The Original Camera Negatives
* The Midnight Experience: The Late Night, Double Feature, Picture-in-Picture
* Vintage Callback Track (Unrated), Prop Box, Trivia Track
* BD-LIVE: Live Lookupâ„¢ Powered by IMDb®
* Rocky-oke: Sing It!
* Don’t Dream It, Be It: The Search for the 35th Anniversary Shadowcast, Part I
* An-tic-i-pation: The Search for the 35th Anniversary Shadowcast, Part II
* Mick Rock (A Photographer)
* Mick Rock’s Picture Show (A Gallery)
* Pressbook and Poster Gallery
* Audio Commentary by Richard O’Brien and Patricia Quinn
* Deleted Musical Scenes and Outtakes
* Alternate Credit Ending and Misprint Ending
* Rocky Horror Double Feature Video Show
* Beacon Theater, New York City
* “Time Warp” Music Video