Greetings vamplings, tis I, Cruechik, back once again to discuss my favorite undead creatures. This time, itâ€™s the vamps of True Blood, which after two long weeks of waiting, finally aired the finale of season 3 tonight.
Warning: If you haven’t seen Season 3 of True Blood, there be SPOILERS.
True Blood Season 3 saw the introduction of all kinds of â€˜supes including werewolves — most importantly the drool-inducing Alcide Herveaux (Joe Manganiello); fairies; and crazy inbred werepanthers. Our heroine, Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) and her favorite (or is heâ€¦hmmâ€¦?) vampire Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) have had a series of skirmishes this season, and at the end of last epiâ€™s cliffie, it once again appeared the part fae part human Sookie might not survive. Of more concern to me was whether or not VILF Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) would meet the true death. It didnâ€™t look too good for Eric, who was out in the daylight frying like a catfish in a cast iron pan, handcuffed to insane â€œI carry my dead loverâ€™s remains around in a candy jarâ€ vamp king, Russell Edgington (Denis Oâ€™Hare).
The finale did not disappoint, with several moments worthy of screaming â€œyes!â€, â€œholy crap!â€, and the occasional â€œoh no!â€ at the screenâ€¦ not sayinâ€™ I did or anythingâ€¦ but yeah, thank God for my dvr because I had to rewind more than once. Just when you thought it had reached itâ€™s cliffie for the year (which, I might add, had it ended at that moment, would have majorly sucked, and would have caused me at least one night of â€œIâ€™m not watching that show ever againâ€¦maybeâ€) one of the aforementioned â€œholy crap!â€ moments blared onto the screen and my Truebie status was saved.
Now, hopefully youâ€™ve already seen the finale and you can go on to read my little Spoiler Talk. Read on for my favorite moments and lines from tonightâ€™s episode, and add your thoughts in the Comments section below.
- We return to Fangtasiaâ€™s parking lot to see Eric (who, btw still looks good enough to eat, even when his flesh is frying) and Russell cooking under the Louisiana sun. Bill has fed and saved Sookie (again) and she runs outside to save Eric (whoâ€™s her favorite vamp?), but using her zappy fae power to snap the silver handcuffs and send Russell for a ride across the parking lot. She then has the privilege of feeding Eric her blood to revive him during which you can hear him sucking and moaning with pleasure at the taste of her bloodâ€¦dear sweet mother of Godâ€¦but I digressâ€¦
- Lovable but dumb as a bag of hammers Jason Stackhouse, who is in love with one of the inbreeding Hot Shot werepanthers [I could insert some witty pussy comment here, but thatâ€™s not how I roll ;)], finds himself in hot water with the feds after warning the supernatural version of the banjo picking kid from Deliverance that theyâ€™re on the way to bust the â€œVâ€ selling ring and wipe out the whole town.
- Alcide Herveaux makes his triumphant return (clearly yet another supernatural creature with the hots for Miss Sookie) to help Ericâ€¦and a little fyiâ€¦thereâ€™s not much I like more than a scene with Eric AND Alcide. One of the best lines of the epi comes when Bill and Alcide are jealously glaring at each other and Eric, in his usual blasÃ© tone says â€œWell, if you two are done eyefucking each other, can we go?â€ as he drags the crunchy and flaking Russell out to load him into Alcideâ€™s van and get some much deserved revenge.
- The change in Sam Merlotte (Sam Trammell) from nice guy shapeshifting bartender to belligerent, revenge-seeking drunk in the last part of this season leaves me very curious about how the next season will unfold for him. The last we see of him, he is shooting at his younger brother who has just robbed him.
- I had high hopes for this finale and it honestly didnâ€™t disappoint. I could do without the entire Hot Shot storyline, and Tara (who seems to be leaving Bon Temps for good after finding out Sam Merlotte, her one friend besides Sookie, is a shapeshifter) has been getting on my nerves for weeks. I am thrilled that Sookie finally knows the truth about Bill and I seriously screamed when the cement covered Eric appeared at her door. Itâ€™s unexpected moments like this that make this one of my favorite shows of all time. And the fact that Eric is naked a lot, well that doesnâ€™t hurt either ;)
We’ll be waiting a long time for Season 4 to start, but in the meantime, let us know your thoughts on Season 3 and its finale.