A launch trailer has been released for The Wolf Among Us, the new episodic title from Telltale Games, developers of one of the best games of last year, The Walking Dead. Episode 1 of the series, titled “Faith,” will be released tomorrow.
The new game is based on the hit Bill Willingham comic series Fables, which takes all of our beloved fairy tale characters, and dumps them into a very dark and gritty and much, much more adult-aimed world, where they exist among humans. Just like The Walking Dead, the events of the game are set before the first issue of the comics, so you can still play if you’ve not yet read it…and then immediately go out and read it.
Click on over to the other side to check out the launch trailer for the game, and to read a description.
The Wolf Among Us is a five episode series from the creators of the 2012 Game of the Year: The Walking Dead. Based on Fables (DC Comics/Vertigo), an award-winning comic book series, it is an often violent, mature and hard-boiled thriller where the characters and creatures of myth, lore and legend are real and exist in our world.
As Bigby Wolf – THE big bad wolf in human form – you will discover that the brutal, bloody murder of a Fable is just a taste of things to come, in a game series where your every decision can have enormous consequences.
* Your choices matter: it’s not only WHAT you choose to do that will affect how your story plays out, but WHEN you choose to do it
* A mature and gritty take on characters from fairytales, legends and folklore who have escaped into our world. These are not the characters you’d see on a little child’s lunchbox.
* Play as Bigby Wolf: formerly the most feared monster among the Fables, now Sheriff of Fabletown and protector of those he used to hunt. He must restrain the beast within if he is to earn the trust of those around him.
* Choose Bigby’s actions carefully. Will you approach a situation calmly or unleash your inner rage? The way you act will determine how others respond to you.
* Set before the events seen in the first issue of the comics – you don’t have to know the characters or the world to play!
You can also check out the debut trailer for the game if you’ve not yet seen it.