On Sunday we posted about the video game deal of the day at Amazon, which was for Portal 2 for Xbox 360 and PC. At that time, the Playstation 3 version was not available at all.
Now, the PC version is still on sale and also, the PS3 edition is available and discounted, though there’s no indication how long this deal with last.
– PS3: $34.99 [that’s 42% off the list price of $59.99]
– PC: $29.99 [40% off the list price of $49.99]
– Xbox 360: $58.95 [2% off the list price of $59.99]
From the Playstation 3 product page:
* Extensive single player: Featuring next generation gameplay and a wildly-engrossing story.
* Complete two-person co-op: Multiplayer game featuring its own dedicated story, characters, and gameplay.
* Advanced physics: Allows for the creation of a whole new range of interesting challenges, producing a much larger but not harder game.
* Massive sequel: The original Portal was named 2007’s Game of the Year by over 30 publications worldwide.
* The single-player portion of Portal 2 introduces a cast of dynamic new characters, a host of fresh puzzle elements, and a much larger set of devious test chambers.
Portal 2 is a unique first-person Action-Puzzle-Platforming game that tests player’s ability to think and act creatively as they use the game’s ingenious wormhole creating portal gun to produce their own paths through otherwise sealed surfaces and across the open spaces of the game. Sequel to the original Portal game — the surprise add-on hit included in Valve Corporation’s 2007 release The Orange Box — Portal 2 continues the storyline from the first game, featuring both new and returning characters, and poses a range of new challenges making for a much deeper game. Additional features include a new two player co-op mode and an original soundtrack.