Farscape fans with a Blu-ray player should be very happy to know that the entire series will be released in a fancy new Blu-ray box set that will be out just in time for Christmas.
Set to release on November 15, 2011, Farscape: The Complete Series Blu-ray box set will retail for a price of $199.95 (currently available for pre-order through Amazon for $125.99). The series will also be available in four separate season sets, for $69.95 each; available for pre-order for $45.99 through Amazon).
– Farscape: The Complete Season One [Blu-ray]
– Farscape: The Complete Season Two [Blu-ray]
– Farscape: The Complete Season Three [Blu-ray]
– Farscape: The Complete Season Four [Blu-ray]
This 20-disc set will include all 88 episodes from the original run (unfortunately, it doesnâ€™t seem to include The Peacekeeper Wars mini-series that wrapped up the whole saga), and most of the original extras that were included on the DVDs. In addition to what fans may have seen before, there is an all-new documentary included in the complete series box set titled Memories of Moya: An Epic Journey, which features new interviews with the cast and creators.
If you’re going to New York Comic-Con this weekend, you’ll have a chance to WIN the complete series Blu-ray set and get it before it’s even available to the public. A+E Home Entertainment is hiding 10 golden tickets around the convention center. Follow their Twitter feed starting October 13 for clues on where to find the tickets at the Con. Convention attendees who find the tickets can redeem them for a copy of Farscape: The Complete Series on Blu-ray before it’s available to the public.
Farscape originally ran for four seasons from 1999 to 2003 on the Syfy Channel (back when it was still the artist formerly known as the SciFi Channel). The show centered on human John Crichton (Ben Browder), an astronaut who is sent to the far end of the galaxy and has to survive in a harsh universe. He ends up on a living spaceship called Moya, along with a crew of outlaws. They are constantly on the run from the Peacekeepers, the local power in the sector. The cast of alien creatures are brought brilliantly to life by the geniuses of the Jim Henson Company.
Farscape is a great series and is one of the best and most well-loved series of the last twenty years. The new transfer to Blu Ray will make fans very happy. The transfer is being optimized from the European PAL masters, which apparently is the highest quality source material available. Brian Henson, chairman of the Jim Henson Company said: â€œWith FARSCAPE, we work hard to meet our fansâ€™ high expectations and this new Blu Ray release utilizes the highest quality source materials available so I know our audience will not be disappointed. A+E Networks Home Entertainment has met all the challenges that, given the nature and age of the series, are inherent with a show like FARSCAPE and the result is that all four seasons of FARSCAPE look better than ever before.â€
So, â€˜scapers, will you be buying this series again? It sounds like the companies releasing this are going out of their way to produce the best set possible, and I canâ€™t wait to see how the series looks in High Definition. I know there is at least one person in my family who will be wanting this for Christmas. Itâ€™s not quite as good as getting new episodes, but at least itâ€™s something.
- 20 Blu-ray discs featuring 88 complete and unedited episodes from the four-season run (1999-2003), remastered from the highest quality source material available
- Collectible packaging featuring all-new series artwork
- 29 Episode Commentaries, including â€œPremiereâ€ with Rockne S. Oâ€™Bannon, Brian Henson and Ben Browder; â€œJeremiah Crichtonâ€ with Claudia Black, Producer/Writer David Kemper, Browder and Oâ€™Bannon; â€œBone to Be Wildâ€ with Anthony Simcoe;â€œRelativityâ€ with Lani Tupu (Crais/Voice of Pilot) and Director Peter Andrikidis; and, â€œBad Timingâ€ which features Browder, Black and Kemper discussing the seriesâ€™ final episode.
- A BRAND-NEW documentary â€“ Memories of Moya: An Epic Journey Explored featuring revealing new interviews with the cast and creators.
- Multiple featurettes and documentaries including â€œIn the Beginning: A Look Back with Brian Hensonâ€; â€œMaking of a Space Operaâ€ and â€œInside Farscape: Save Farscape,â€ on which fans, cast and crew discuss the fate of their beloved series.
- Multiple video profiles featuring archival clips and cast/crew discussing their characters and roles on Farscape.
- Over 90 minutes of deleted scenes.
- Slideshows and archival photo galleries, including character concepts and promo photos.
- Production design galleries featuring screenshots, rough drafts and concept slide shows.
- Behind-the-Scenes interviews with Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Anthony Simcoe, Virginia Hey, Gigi Edgley, Paul Goddard (Stark), Wayne Pygram (Scorpius) and more.
- Original TV promos and trailers