Tonight is the live broadcast of the 2013 MTV Movie Awards, which promises, as always, to bring out the stars of today’s hottest movies, as well as debut new footage from highly anticipated films.
This year’s show, which begins at 9pm ET/PT on MTV, is hosted by Rebel Wilson of Bridesmaids and Pitch Perfect, and will exclusively debut the world premiere of the 2 1/2-minute teaser trailer for the highly anticipated sequel, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, presented by the film’s star Liam Hemsworth.
For the 2013 awards, Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained and the Seth MacFarlane comedy Ted both lead the nominations with 7 nods each, with Silver Linings Playbook,” which stars the Oscar winning-actress Jennifer Lawrence, is in third with 6 nominations, while movies like Marvel’s The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, Argo, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, and Skyfall are all up for awards as well.
– The official “2013 MTV Movie Awards” Pre-Show will feature the first-ever three way celebrity “Catfish” featuring Mark Wahlberg, Joe Manganiello and Anna Kendrick on Sunday, April 14 at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT. See the Sneak peek here.
– MTV News’ Josh Horowitz and Christina Garibaldi, House of Style host Karlie Kloss, and Jersey Shore alumnus Vinny Guadagnino will host the Red Carpet Pre-Show.
– On the Red Carpet tonight: The Gorn Captain from the upcoming video game release, Star Trek: The Video Game.
– Some of the presenters: Brad Pitt, Peter Dinklage, Steve Carell, Melissa McCarthy, Zac Efron, Kerry Washington, Seth Rogen, Danny McBride, Amanda Seyfried, Chris Rock, Adam Sandler, Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto and Kim Kardashian. Brad Pitt will present “Movie of The Year”; Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage will present the first-ever “Comedic Genius Award” to Will Ferrell.
– In a musical mash-up first, the stars of the hit musical comedy, “Pitch Perfect,” will open the show with a musical bang when Skylar Astin, Anna Camp, Esther Dean, Adam DeVine, Alexis Knapp, Hana Mae Lee, Ben Platt, Brittany Snow and host Rebel Wilson re-unite as the dueling college a cappella groups, The Barden Bellas and Treblemakers, for one not-to-miss musical performance conceived and executed by the film’s director, Jason Moore.
– Look out for MTV’s Inaugural “Comedic Genius Award” recipient Will Ferrell, who is nominated for “Best On-Screen Duo” with Zach Galifianakis for “The Campaign”; “Trailblazer Award” recipient Emma Watson who is nominated in three categories including “Best Female Performance,” “Best Kiss,” and “Best Musical Moment” for her role in “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”; “Generation Award” recipient Jamie Foxx along with special musical performances by Selena Gomez and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
– Host Rebel Wilson is nominated for “Best Female Performance,” “Breakthrough Performance,” and “Best Musical Moment” for her roles as Fat Amy in Pitch Perfect.
– There will be two new categories introduced this year: “Best Shirtless Performance” and “Best Musical Moment.”
– Singer Ke$ha will introduce hip hop hit makers Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, who’ll perform their new hit “Can’t Hold Us.” Kim Kardashian will introduce Selena Gomez’s televised debut of her just released single “Come and Get It.”
The 2013 Movie Movie Awards will take place at the Sony Pictures Studios lot in Culver City, California starting at 9 ET/PT (8pm C). There will be a live red-carpet pre-show at 8:30pm ET/PT, while MTV Online will have All Access Live streaming cameras all night long. Visit MTV for a full list of tonight’s nominees.