NYCC 2019: ‘Riverdale’ Spoilers, Sneak Peek At Season 4
Sunday, October 6th, 2019 at 5:00 pm
As many have heard, episode 1 of Riverdale’s fourth season will address the death of Archie’s father, Fred Andrews (played by the late Luke Perry). At a New York Comic-Con panel Q & A on Sunday, October 6, the cast and showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa delved into the emotional experience of honoring Perry while filming the episode, and also shared some hints of what might happen with all of the beloved characters on the CW series this season.
Cast panelists included MÃ¤dchen Amick (Alice Cooper), Marisol Nichols (“Hermione Lodge”), Mark Consuelos (“Hiram Lodge), Molly Ringwald (“Mary Andrews”), and Skeet Ulrich (“FP Jones”). The group had a lively discussion and shared a number of juicy spoilers for season 4, including romances, new character introductions, major events, and even a possible crossover with The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
Read here for the top highlights from the panel! *BEWARE: MINOR SPOILERS FROM SEASON 4 BELOW!*
Top 10 Spoilers for Season 4
1. Episode 3 is a “redemptive episode for Alice,” according to Amick, and there will be “very good payback” towards the farm in the episode.
2. Mary Andrews will get “crazy” involved in typical Riverdale fashion at Thanksgiving for Episode 7. “That was the craziest Thanksgiving I’ve ever had,” Aguirre-Sacasa reports Andrews will say, followed by a cheeky response from Archie: “Welcome to Riverdale, Mom.”
3. Speaking of Mary, she will take a larger role as a recurring character who is around “more often than not” for Archie following the death of his father.
4. FP Jones *MIGHT* put a Serpent jacket back on, according to Aguirre-Sacasa.
5. Things will heat up between Alice and FP when she escapes the farm and moves in with FP.
6. We will meet more family members of our Riverdale friends this season, which should add even more complexity and drama to the series. Veronica’s sister, Hermosa, will be introduced this season. Aguirre-Sacasa noted that Veronica will say something like, “She’s just like Daddy, but a woman, so she’s more dangerous.” Hiram’s mother and FP’s father will also return this season. Forsythe I will return in the mid-season finale, and Ulrich noted that “FP doesn’t fall far from the tree.” Charles, Alice’s son, will also have a larger role in season 4 and there will be some “shipping” going on with him and another character.
7. “Varchie” will sing a duet and the parents will sing by the end of the season as well. It is confirmed that there will be a musical episode.
8. Prom night is HAPPENING.
9. Betty’s money that was given to the farm by Alice will be addressed in episode 8.
10. The Riverdale creators and crew are working on a possible future crossover with The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina “” and hints will be dropped this season!
Watch the sneak peek here below!
The Riverdale season 4 premiere will take place Wednesday, October 9, 8/7c on The CW.
Be sure to click right here for more from New York Comic-Con 2019!