The video game deal of the day over at Amazon today is Dead Space 2 Standard Edition for PS3, Xbox 360, or PC for only $39.95 (that’s 33% off the list price of $59.99) and the Dead Space 2 Collector’s Edition for PS3, Xbox 360, or PC for only $59.95 (that’s 25% off the list price of $79.95).
Also, If you purchase the Dead Space 2 Standard Edition for PS3, you can also get the Dead Space: Aftermath Blu-ray Edition for an additional $5 off; if you purchase the standard edition for Xbox 360, then you can get the Dead Space: Aftermath DVD Edition for an additional $3 off. See the Best Value section of the respective product pages.
Game details from the Standard Edition product page:
* For the first time, experience the horror of a Necromorph outbreak in multiplayer as you fight in skirmishes around the Sprawl and strategically dismember your friends
* Continue the frightening Dead Space saga in a whole new survival-horror adventure with engineer Isaac Clarke
* Impale Necromorphs into the walls with the Javelin, use improved telekinesis to turn limbs into deadly weapons, plant powerful dismembering trip mines, or create a hull-breach to suck a group of monsters out into space
* Fire up Isaac’s suit boosters to rocket around in zero gravity like never before
* Explore the depths of the Sprawl and encounter new weightless combat and physics-based puzzles with full 360 degree movement
Details from the Collector’s Edition product page:
*Dead Space 2 game for Xbox 360 OR Dead Space 2 game for PlayStation 3 (PlayStation Move compatible) OR for PC.
*Isaac Clark’s collectible replica Plasma Cutter. Plasma Cutter is modeled from the new design in Dead Space 2 and features trigger activated LED lights.
*The Dead Space 2 Original Soundtrack. Soundtrack features an hour of music compiled from the score of *Dead Space 2 and a scoring of the Dead Space 2 featurette.
*Rare lithograph depicting Necromorph transformation concept art by Visceral Games artist Brett Marting.
*Isaac Unitology Suit and accompanying Force Gun in-game items. Each offer unique advantages to the player when used in Dead Space 2.