Welcome to the Geeks of Doom Holiday Geek Gift Guide 2012: Specialty Items!
If you’ve not yet done your shopping, this is your place for a few gift ideas for the geeks in your life who have just about everything you were thinking about getting them. Whether it be plush toys or board games, collectibles, household items, prop replicas, or even edibles, youâ€™ll find it here to help guide you toward your ultimate goal: happy, glowing geek eyes when Christmas mornâ€™ arrives.
If something is said to be unavailable, you can usually find it available elsewhere online. Or you can wait; itâ€™s assumed that more should be available soon. Some of these items are also coming out later on down the road if you’re in need of late gifts or want to start planning for next year.
Be sure to continue on below to check out the 2012 Specialty Items gift guide now!
Some various shiny goodies from the ‘verse to hand out to all those Browncoats in your life.
* Serenity Bank Heist Money Pack
* Captain Malcolm Reynolds Pistol Prop Replica
* Little Damn Heroes Serenity Maquette
* Giant Serenity Wall Decal
* Fruity Oaty Girls Bobblehead Maquette Set
The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings
A couple of very cool (and sometimes super expensive, for you successful geeks) random items to check out.
* The One Ring: Gold-Plated Tungsten Carbide, Sterling Silver, 10K Gold, 18K Gold
* The Ring of Thorin Oakenshield
* Elven Leaf Brooch
PLUSH DOLLS, VINYL FIGURES & BOBBLEHEADS
There’s plenty of dolls and figures to be given this year. Here’s some from The Hobbit/LOTR.
* Gandalf Vinyl Figure
* Gollum Vinyl Figure
* Bilbo Baggins Vinyl Figure
* Gandalf Wacky Wobbler Bobblehead
* Gollum Plush
* Bilbo Baggins Plush
* Bilbo Baggins Wacky Wobbler Bobblehead
* Gollum Wacky Wobbler Bobblehead
* 11-Inch Gollum Plush
* Smeagol and Gollum Bobbleheads
A few lovely stone pendants the unique gift seeker should appreciate.
* Ring of Galadriel Stone Pendant
* Mark of Gandalf Stone Pendant
* Seal of Thorin Oakenshield Stone Pendant
Props are not always cheap, but owning something taken directly from a movie or TV show or video game and putting into a fan’s hands can easily put your gift above all others.
* Key to Erebor Prop Replica
* Bilbo Baggins Contract Prop Replica
* Balin’s Mace Prop Replica
* Dwalin’s Axes Prop Replicas
* Knives of Nori Prop Replicas
* Fili’s Knife Prop Replica
Some artwork, maps, and prints options.
* Signed Hobbit Art and Design Book Chronicles
* Riddles in the Dark Art Print
* An Unexpected Journey Art Print
* Thorin’s Map Parchment Art Print
* The Shire Parchment Map Art Print
* Bag End Floor Plan Parchment Art Print
* East Farthing Parchment Map Art Print
* Wilderland Parchment Map Art Print
A bunch of beautiful Walt Disney busts, figurines, and sculptures for the Disney fanatic friend or family member.
* Beauty and the Beast – Beast Bust
* Snow White – The One That Started Them All Sculpture
* Tinkerbell – A Touch of Sparkle Sculpture
* Snow White – Evil Queen Bust
* Alice in Wonderland – Cheshire Cat Bust
* Beauty and the Beast – Belle Moonlit Enchantment Sculpture
* Pinocchio – Jiminy Cricket Bust
* Nightmare Before Christmas – Santa Jack Figurine
* Dumbo – Special Delivery Sculpture
* Donald Duck Fireworks Bust
The Walking Dead
VINYL FIGURES, ACTION FIGURES & BOBBLEHEADS
Another selection of vinyl figures, action figures, and bobbleheads, this time from AMC’s The Walking Dead.
* Rick Grimes Vinyl Figure
* MacFarlane Toys Rick Grimes Action Figure
* Bicycle Girl Vinyl Figure
* MacFarlane Toys Bicycle Girl Action Figure
* Daryl Dixon Vinyl Figure
* Daryl Dixon Bobblehead
* RV Walker Vinyl Figure
* MacFarlane Toys RV Walker Action Figure
* MacFarlane Toys Shane Walsh Action Figure
* MacFarlane Toys Well Zombie Action Figure
* MacFarlane Toys Black/White Michonne & Pets Action Figure
There weren’t nearly as many Walking Dead goodies out there as was first expected, but below is a couple of unique ones to check out.
* The Walking Dead Board Game
* The Walking Dead TV Shooter Game
Who doesn’t love space and science related gifts? Surely there’s a bunch of options out there somewhere beneath the pale moon light, but for now, here’s a few fun ones to check out.
* Shooting Stars in My Room Projector
* Instant Snow
* Astronaut Ice Cream and Ice Cream Balls
* Portal 2 PotatOS Electronic Science Kit
A selection of a goodies for those Whovians in your life.
* TARDIS Smart Safe
* Doctor Who Dalek Blueprint Poster
* Doctor’s Nano Recorder
* The Doctor’s and The Master’s Watch
* Touch Activated Time Lord Psychic Container and Galifrey Symbol Psychic Container
* Electronic Q.L.A. Anti-Time Device
* Temporal Blast Combat Set
* Expandable TARDIS Tent
* Do-It-Yourself Cyberman Cybernetics Kit
Star Wars gifts have always and will always be popular for most geeks come Christmas time, but now that we know NEW Star Wars movies are on the way, we can assume that the forseeable future of geek gift giving will heavily involve this eternally beloved world.
Here’s a truckload worth of various related accessories and toys and gadgets and so on.
It’s unclear whether anyone on this or any other planet still wears a belt buckle, but if you or someone you know do, why would it not be one of these?
* Darth Vader Belt Buckle
* Stormtrooper Belt Buckle
* R2-D2 Belt Buckle
* Darth Vader Slippers
* Chewbacca Slippers
* Luke Skywalker Lightsaber Replica
* Darth Vader Lightsaber Chop Sticks
* Luke Skywalker Lightsaber Chop Sticks
* Lightsaber Wall Light
* Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber Lamp
* Back Buddies Wicket The Ewok
* Back Buddies Chewbacca
* Back Buddies Yoda
* Chewbacca Messenger Bag
* AT-AT Plush Bag
VINYL FIGURES & BOBBLEHEADS
* Darth Vader Vinyl Figure
* Darth Maul Vinyl Figure
* Boba Fett Vinyl Figure
* Yoda Vinyl Figure
* Princess Leia Vinyl Figure
* Jabba the Hutt Vinyl Bobblehead
* C-3PO Vinyl Figure
* Star Wars Death Star Planetarium
* Luke Skywalker Ceremony Jacket with Medal of Yavin
Game of Thrones
HBO’s Game of Thrones continues to some of the very best TV we the viewers could ever hope for, making the painfully long wait to the next season all the more unbearable. There’s still a few months left before season 3 arrives, but that doesn’t mean there’s not Game of Thrones gifts to be bought and given, to others or yourself!
* Game of Thrones Hand of the King Pin Replica
* Littlefinger’s Mockingbird Pin
* House Stark Direwolf Shield Pin
* House Greyjoy Kraken Shield Pin
* Game of Thrones Houses of Westeros Coaster Set
* Daenerys Targaryen
* Khal Drogo
* Tyrion Lannister
* White Walker
* Ned Stark
* The Hound
TAKE THE THRONE
Here’s a few ways to acquire your very own Iron Throne, including a gigantic life size version that would make anyone who walked into your home soil themselves. Of course, the price tag alone would have the same effect on you, and very few of us will ever have the coin to obtain such a monster—despite how many limbs and organs we’d be willing to pawn off to black market buyers—as you’ll see when you click over to check out the price.
I estimated $1,500 to $2,000 when I first heard of this life size Iron Throne. Let’s just say the folks selling it would likely laugh hysterically and then punch me in the face a number of times for thinking it to be so cheap.
* 7-Inch Iron Throne Replica
* 14-Inch Iron Throne Replica
* 7-Foot-Tall Life Size Iron Throne Replica
That’s right, zombies are in…if you’ve not yet noticed…and have been for quite a few years now. So why not infuse a little horror into the holly jolly Christmas season with some zombie-related gifts? Behold!
* Zombie Snowman Ornament
* Zombie Anti-Virus Hand Sanitizer
* Zombie Back Scratcher
* Zombie Finger Letter Opener
* Zombie Wine Bottle Stopper
* Zombie Bottle Opener
* Zombie Clock
ZOMBIFIED MOVIE POSTERS
Just as it sounds: tons of your favorite movie posters, given a zombie makeover.
* The Princess Died (The Princess Bride)
* Zombie Wars (Star Wars)
* Zombie Wars: The Living Dead Strike Back (Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back)
* Zombie Wars: Return from the Grave (Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)
* The Lord of the Rank: The Festering of the Rotten (The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring)
* The Horde of Dead Things: The Tomb Towers (The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers)
* The Lord of the Rotten: The Return from the Crypt (The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King)
* Indiana Bones and the Zombies Who Didn’t Keep Their Eyes Shut (Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark)
* Indiana Bones and the Dead Who Consume (Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom)
* Indiana Bones and the Last Cadaver (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade)
* The Gloomies (The Goonies)
* Toy Gory (Toy Story)
* E.T. The Extra Terrorestrial (E.T.)
* Fight of the Living Dead Club (Fight Club)
* Star Trap III: The Living Dead Search For Spock (Star Trek III: The Search For Spock)
* Zombiebusters (Ghostbusters)
* Kong of the Dead (King Kong)
* Cadavatar (Avatar)
* Walking Dead of Oz (The Wizard of Oz)
* Gnaws (Jaws)
* Bleak is the Future (Back to the Future)
* Deadward Scissorhands (Edward Scissorhands)
* Scary Rotter (Harry Potter)
* Beauty and the Feast (Beauty and the Beast)
* The Lethal Mermaid (The Little Mermaid)
We close things out with a bunch of potential gifts from all over the place.
* BioShock 2 Big Daddy & Little Sister Action Figure with Splicer Mask
* Machete Action Figure
* 12-Inch Talking Shaun of the Dead Action Figure
* 18-Inch Talking Beetlejuice Action Figure
* BioShock Infinite Series 1 Action Figure Set
* Captain America Hoodie
* Darth Vader Hoodie
* Deadpool Hoodie
* Portal 2 Candidate Hoodie
* Firefly Browncoats Hoodie
* Monty Python and the Holy Grail Knights of Ni Hat
* Gandalf Hat
* Doctor Who Fez and Bow Tie Kit
* Harry Potter Talking Sorting Hat
* Doctor Who TARDIS Laplander Hat
* Zombie Beanie
* Star Wars Chewbacca Laplander Hat
* Star Wars Jedi vs. Sith Battle Chest
* The Hobbit Deluxe Sting Sword With Sound Effects
* Star Wars Origami Kit
* Earth in My Room and Moon in My Room
* Star Wars Mad Libs
* Inflatable Remote Control R2-D2
* Inflatable Star Trek Captain’s Chair
* Darth Vader Force Glove
* Zombie Body Parts Sushi Gummy Candy
* Zombie Blood Energy Potion
* Zombie Jerky
* Geek Battle Trivia Board Game
* Lord of The Rings Dice Building Game
* Dexter Board Game
* It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia Board Game
PLUSH, VINYL, BOBBLEHEAD & DOLLS
* The Avengers Hulk Bobblehead
* 6-Inch Gizmo Plush
* The Exorcist Bobblehead
* Half-Life Headcrab Plush
* Beetlejuice Bobblehead
* 10-Inch Coraline Replica Doll
* Saw Puppet Bobblehead
* Alien Bobblehead
Loads of cool random items to check out, including some must-own prop replicas.
* 20-Inch A Christmas Story Leg Lamp
* Friday the 13th Jason Mask Prop Replica
* The Hunger Games Mockingjay Prop Replica Pin
* Harry Potter Personalized Hogwarts Acceptance Letter
* Gremlins Stunt Puppet Prop Replica
* Nightmare Before Christmas Santa Jack Water Ball
* Framed Film Cels, Art & Bookmarks
* V for Vendetta Dagger Prop Replica
* Portal Customizable Aperture Labs Handheld Portal Device Kit
* Wizard of Oz Wicked Witch Mrs. Potato Head
* Harry Potter Collectible Wand Prop Replica
* Character Slippers (Star Wars, Zombies, Nightmare Before Christmas, Batman, Spider-Man & much more)
AMAZON SHIPPING INFORMATION
If you’re ordering through Amazon.com in the United States, here’s their ordering deadlines for delivery on or before Christmas Eve (12/24) for items in-stock shipped to physical addresses within the United States and marked “Ships from and sold by Amazon.com” or “Fulfilled by Amazon.com.”
– Dec. 18: Free Super Saver Shipping
– Dec. 19: Standard Shipping
– Dec. 21: Two-Day Shipping (order as late as 7:00 p.m. EST; varies by item; free with Amazon Prime)
– Dec. 22: One-Day Shipping (order as late as 3:00 p.m. EST; varies by item; as low as $3.99/item with Amazon Prime)
– Dec. 24: Local Express Delivery (while available; select cities; varies by item; as low as $3.99/item with Amazon Prime)
– Dec. 25: Email and printable Amazon Gift Cards can be sent immediately, at any time
Amazon Prime members can place orders up until 7:00 p.m. EST on Dec. 21 to receive deliveries by Dec. 24 using Free Two-Day Shipping (cut-off time varies by item).
For more details about local delivery, as well as international shipping, see the Christmas Ordering Deadlines For U.S. Shipments page.
*Super Saver Shipping is FREE on orders $25 and over.
Remember, if all else fails, there’s also the Amazon.com Gift Card, you can have emailed to the recipient (arrives immediately) or you can print out the gift card at home and give it to the intended that way. If you order in enough time, you can get the physical gift card sent to you.