The Gold Box spotlight deal of the day today over at Amazon is The Godfather Collection: The Coppola Restoration Blu-ray Edition on sale for only $16.99 (that’s 71% off the list price of $57.99).
The 4-disc blu-ray box set includes all three films in the epic cinematic saga of the Corleone crime family, from the groundbreaking 1972 Oscar-winning classic original, The Godfather, to the much-maligned 1990 third chapter, plus a fourth disc containing hours of bonus features including extensive documentaries, deleted scenes (many of which were reintegrated into the first two films when director Francis Ford Coppola was preparing The Godfather: The Complete Novel for Television back in 1977), vintage featurettes, photo and storyboard galleries, theatrical trailers, and much more.
Each film has been fully restored under the supervision of Robert Harris – who has performed similar duties in the past on David Lean’s masterpiece Lawrence of Arabia among many others – and master cinematographer Gordon Willis and comes with a comprehensive audio commentary by Coppola. The grand tragedy of the Corleone clan has never looked or sounded better on home video.
– Featurette: “The Masterpiece That Almost Wasn’t”
– Featurette: “Godfather World”
– Featurette: “Emulsional Rescue: Revealing “˜The Godfather'”
– Featurette: “”¦.And When the Shooting Stopped”
– The Family Tree/The Crime Organization
– Montage: “‘The Godfather’ on the Red Carpet”
– Four Short Films on “˜The Godfather’
– Audio Commentaries
– Documentary: “The Godfather Family”
– “Behind the Scenes” Featurettes
– Additional Scenes/Historical Timeline
If you consider yourself a true cinephile and don’t already own this box set, then now is your chance to rectify the error. At the risk of sounding corny, this is an offer you can’t refuse.
This deal is valid through the end of today, Friday, January 31, 2014 until 11:59pm PST while supplies last, so grab this while you can at the discounted price.
No Comments »
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL
Leave a comment