It’s time to take a look at what the ubiquitous red kiosk, Redbox, has in store for February 2014 in their new release section for Blu-ray and DVD rentals. It may not quite be the same as aimlessly wandering up and down the video store aisles of yesteryear, but in a pinch and for those in need of instant movie gratification, it is a pretty close substitute.
This month in particular is going to be great for the action-seeking cinemaphile out there, with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Slyvester Stallone, Danny Trejo, and Vin Diesel all bringing in high body counts, while a young boy’s military genius may be mankind’s only hope for survival. This month will also let fans of James Gandolfini say goodbye, and Oscar followers will get a chance to catch up with one of the Best Picture nominees.
So, without further ado, let’s check out what’s coming out this month!
Top February 2014 Rentals at Redbox
- Escape Plan (R) – For those who are jonesing for their next Expendables fix, Schwarzenegger and Stallone are here to help as they plan to get out of an inescapable prison.
- Runner Runner (R) – An online gambler finds himself over his head when he confronts the criminal mastermind he thinks swindled him and is instead offered a job in the organization.
- Carrie (R) – Stephen King’s puberty-struck telekinetic terror gets the remake treatment here with Chloe Grace Moretz (Kick-Ass) as titular teenager and Julianne Moore as her abusive mother.
- Ender’s Game (PG-13) – Orson Scott Card’s classic sci-fi book finally makes the transition to the big screen as a young boy is primed to lead an armada to destroy an alien species.
- Enough Said (PG-13) – Two single parents, played by James Gandolfini and Julia Louis Dreyfus, come to terms with having an empty nest and find themselves in a blossoming romance.
- Riddick (R) – Vin Diesel’s titular sci-fi antihero returns once again, this time trying to escape alien predators and bounty hunters alike on a desolate planet where he’s been left for dead.
- Machete Kills (R) – Robert Rodriguez directs a cast of “all-star” misfits as Danny Trejo’s Machete is hired by the President to assassinate an arms dealer bent on spreading war across the planet.
- Nebraska (R) – This multi-Academy Award nominee, including Best Picture, focuses on a road trip to Nebraska between a father (Bruce Dern) who believes he’s won a magazine sweepstakes and his son who begrudgingly decides to drive him there.
I’ll be back next month with a whole new batch of new releases and recommendations. Meanwhile, if you are looking for some streaming movie options, you can also see what I’ve recommended on Netflix for this month.
No Comments »
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL
Leave a comment