Special holidays call for an occasion to reflect on good times and happy memories. Many of us pop in our favorite film, sitting in the living room with our loved ones. What better way to enjoy the season than to laugh, feel sentimental, and even shed a tear? One recent Disney-Pixar film defines just that.
Our Disney In Depth series of the greatest lines from each of the Toy Story films continues with this list of the 25 best quotes from Toy Story 3.
1. “There is no way out! Just kidding. Door’s right over there.” – Buttercup, teasing Woody about his new digs in Bonnie’s bedroom.
2. “We’re all just trash waitin’ to be thrown away.” – Lotso, delusional, believing toys lack value and purpose.
3. “Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from threat of force!” – Barbie, surprising everyone, when trying to protect Andy’s toys from evil Lotso.
4. “You can unlock doors, sneak past guards, climb the wall, but if you don’t take out that monkey, you ain’t going nowhere.” – Chatter Telephone, warning Woody about the dangerous monkey toy.
6. “But the thing that makes Woody special, is he’ll never give up on you … ever. He’ll be there for you, no matter what.” – Andy, sharing with Bonnie about Woody’s importance in his life.
7. “Nice ascot!” – Barbie, complimenting Ken on his decorative accessory.
8. “We’re either in a cafÃ© in Paris or a coffee shop in New Jersey. I’m pretty sure I just came back from the doctor with life-changing news.” – Trixie, giving context on Bonnie’s toys’ improvisational nature.
9. “I told you kids to stay out of my butt!” – Mr. Potato Head, warning the Peas-in-a-pod who were just playing inside him.
10. “Sheesh!” – Bookworm, upon seeing who he believes to be Ken, covered by a spacesuit, and wearing high-heeled shoes. The stylish doll hiding inside the suit is actually Barbie.
11. “Eh… I don’t think those were Lincoln Logs.” – Hamm, responding to Mr. Potato Head’s unfortunate night in the Sunnyside sandbox.
12. “He ain’t the sharpest knife in the… place where… they keep the knives.” Chunk, referring to Buzz Lightyear, in a most ironic manner.
13. “Remember all that bad stuff I said about Andy’s attic? I take it all back.” – Mr. Potato Head, after surviving a near-death experience.
14. “At last! I’m gonna get played with!” – Rex, speaking too soon, as the little kids about to “play with him” will end up abusing the dinosaur toy.
15. “No one appreciates clothes here, Barbie! No one.” – Ken, always the fashioned-obsessed toy, to his female counterpart.
16. “Well, I brought my dinosaur who eats force field dogs!” – Woody, battling against a malicious Mr. Potato Head, during one of Andy’s imagined play sequences.
17. “You would not believe what I have been through tonight!” – Mr. Potato Head, in the form of a pickle, telling his friends about his daring adventures while escaping from Sunnyside.
18. “Quiet, musical hog.” – Buzz Lightyear, in his delusional and commandeering state, telling Hamm to stop playing a harmonica.
19. “Oh, I hate all this uncertainty.” – Rex, concerned about where the toys are heading.
20. “Andy’s looking for us!” – Mrs. Potato Head, who identifies through her missing eye that Andy is searching for his old toys.
21. “Come to papa.” – Rex, waiting for the arrival of new kids to play with him.
22. “I got a kink in my spleen.” – Slinky Dog, exhausted after the toddlers play with him and stick the Little Green Men in his coils.
23. “It’s the perfect time to be hysterical.” – Hamm, fretting over the toys’ future.
24. “Oh, yes. Return of the astro-nut.” – Hamm, commenting about Buzz, back in his delusional state.
25. “So long, partner.” – Woody, saying farewell to Andy.
This is Brett Nachman, signing off. Follow me on Twitter for alerts of new editions of Disney In Depth, Thursdays on Geeks of Doom.