If itâ€™s July… it must be SHARKNADO time! This weekend, the greatest movie franchise in television history continues with Sharknado: The 4th Awakens, premiering tonight on Syfy.
The Syfy network is filling up its time slots with all their â€œclassicâ€ original shark films, my favorite titles include â€œZombie Shark,â€ â€œPlanet of the Sharks,â€ and â€œSharktopus vs. Whalewolf.â€ Before unleashing the fourth and most devastating Sharknado onto the viewers, the entire gang headed to San Diego Comic Con last weekend.
Check out the full panel below.
Moderated by the director of the franchise, Anthony C. Ferrante, the panel featured stars Ian Ziering (Fin Shepard), Tara Reid (April Shepard), Ryan Newman (Claudia Shepard), Cody Linley (Matt Shepard), Masiela Lusha (Gemini), and producer David Michael Latt. We then get a full trailer for the upcoming sequel to the sequel of the sequel… you get it.
Some highlight of the panel include:
– Tara Reid waiting 7 long months to find out the results of the fan voting that determined whether April lived or died, after it was teased she would be crushed by falling space debris.
– Ferrante called this a â€œsuperhero origin story in a way only Sharknado could do it.”
– David Hasselhoff and Gary Busey had serious conversations about sharknados and the scientific stuff, before Busey ad-libbed an entire 20-minute scene that according to Reid â€œmade no sense.â€
– Masiela Lusha really performed the stunt where Gemini leaped of the Stratosphere, the tallest building in Vegas, and did it twice.
– They show a clip where a sand-nado roars towards a train and Fin must run across the top of the train battling sharks.
Some fan questions:
– A woman writing her thesis about Sharknado and social media asked about Twitter and the impact it had. Ziering talks about how one day Mia Farrow tweeted about it, and then it was BOOM! Ferrante adds that Sharknado was just meant to be another Syfy original, and thanks to the fans on social media it became this cultural phenomenon.
– A woman asked if there will be a Sharknado 5… Latt responded that if ratings are good, then sure so encourage your friends to watch.
– Tara Reid takes a question from a small child who asks about her fake hand in the movie. Sheâ€™s super sweet answering the kid with a straight face. Ferrante calls her â€œSwiss Army April.â€
– A question about who their dream cameo is: Ferrante says Clint Eastwood, Ziering says Abraham Lincoln (since itâ€™s Syfy), Reid and Newman say Meryl Streep, Lindley says Scarlett Johansson, and Lusha says Julia Roberts… the best part is that they agree that if Meryl Streep took a role, Sharknado could get Oscar nominations.
The Sharknado marathon starts Sunday, July 31st at 2:00 pm on the Syfy Channel, leading all the way up to the premiere of Sharknado: The 4th Awakens at 8:00 pm ET.
Sharknado the 4th Awakens: Full Panel – San Diego Comic-Con 2016| Syfy
The most important 4th movie in a franchise gets a panel. Enjoy!