Fawlty Towers, the 1970’s British comedy starring John Cleese, is celebrating its 30th anniversary with the release of Fawlty Towers: The Complete Collection Remastered on DVD. Here at Geeks of Doom we have three (3) copies of this 3-disc DVD set to give away to some lucky readers!
Three (3) winners will each receive:
- One (1) Fawlty Towers: The Complete Collection Remastered DVD
What do you have to do to get a chance to win? Glad you asked ’cause it’s really easy. Just make sure you’re a subscriber to our email digest, and then go ahead and fill out the handy dandy form below. Done.
TO ENTER: There’s just two simple steps:
(1) Make sure you’re subscribed to the Geeks of Doom email digest. If you’re not then click here and sign up. (If you’re already a subscriber, then go right to the next step.)
(2) Fill out the entry form here below and submit. (Form is here after the jump.)
RULES: One entry per person. All entries must be in by Monday, November 9, 2009 at 9pm EST. This contest is only open to email subscribers. All entries are validated against email subscriber list. Entries by non-email subscribers will be disqualified. Your personal information will not be shared with any outside parties. Contest is only open to residents of the United States. No international entries will be accepted. Winners will be chosen randomly from valid entries and will be notified by email. Void where prohibited.
Check out the Fawlty Towers Lookalike Contest for more changes to win big prizes.
ABOUT FAWLTY TOWERS
Hot off the runaway success of Monty Pythonâ€™s Flying Circus, John Cleese embarked on his now-legendary sitcom, Fawlty Towers, . One of the most memorable and best-loved characters in British comedy, Basil Fawlty is a much put-upon, hardworking hotel manager whose life is plagued by dead guests, hotel inspectors and other assorted riff-raff. Of course his biggest headache is his â€œlittle nest of vipers,â€ his nagging wife Sibyl, the unflappable Polly and the trainee waiter from Barcelona, Manuel, who has marginally more intelligence than a monkey.
Premiering in the UK in 1975 and airing in continuous PBS syndication ever since, , Fawlty Towers, has received three BAFTA Awards, Best Comedy Performance for John Cleese and two for Best Situation Comedy. In addition, the beloved sitcom is the BBCâ€™s top-selling comedy series of all time on DVD.
Join the BBC in celebrating the 30th anniversary of John Cleeseâ€™s (Monty Python’s Flying Circus, A Fish Called Wanda) legendary TV series, Fawlty Towers!
Named the #1 television series of all time by the British Film Institute, the BBC celebrates this comedy classic by releasing the deluxe, special edition DVD box set â€“ Fawlty Towers Remastered. Each episode was painstakingly restored from the original program masters to present this farcical sitcom in crystal clarity as never seen before. Along with every episode of the series, this must-own DVD box set comes loaded with fresh bonus material including newly recorded commentary from Cleese, all-new cast interviews, and much more.
FAWLTY TOWERS CAST
* Basil Fawlty, John Cleese (Monty Python, A Fish Called Wanda)
* Sybil Fawlty, Prunella Scales (A Question of Attribution, Wolf)
* Polly, Connie Booth (Monty Python, The Buccaneers)
* Manuel, Andrew Sachs (History of the World: Part I)
FAWLTY TOWERS REMASTERED BONUS FEATURES
* All-New Digital Restoration from the original program masters
* All-New Commentary by John Cleese
* All-New Interviews with John Cleese, Connie Booth, Andrew Sachs and Prunella Scales
* A Visit to Torquay, Home of Fawlty Towers
* Additional Interviews and Featurettes