By Empress Eve
Saturday, December 31st, 2011 at 8:50 am
The video game deal of the day over at Amazon today is Crysis 2 for PC Download for only $9.99 (that’s 33% off the list price of $59.95)
Note, this deal is only for today, Saturday, December 31, 2011, til midnight PST while supplies last.
If you purchase this game download today, you’ll receive a $5 promotional credit good towards any of the 2011 bestselling video game downloads like Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 in the month of January 2012. See the “Special Offers and Product Promotions” section of the product page.
The Playstation 3 version of Crysis 2 is currently discounted at $24.49 (that’s 39% off); PC is $20.99 (48% off), and Xbox 360 is $34.50 (14% off).
From the product page:
* Crysis set the visual benchmark for PC games that still stands today. Crysis 2 redefines the benchmark on console now, shifting their attention to the rich urban jungle of New York City.
* Challenging best-in-class AI with unique group coordination and group behavior systems which give realistic responses to your actions.
* Adapt your combat tactics by customizing your Nanosuit 2 and weapons in real time with revised modes, unlocking a variety of supersoldier abilities.
* World-renowned multiplayer shooter studio Crytek UK reinvents multiplayer with the dynamic intensity of Nanosuit 2 in 12-player support online.
* By using Nanosuit technology the player has nearly unlimited ways to approach the dynamic combat environment.
The world has been ravaged by a series of climatic disasters and society is on the verge of total breakdown. Now the aliens have returned, with a full invasion force bent on nothing less than the total annihilation of mankind, starting by trying to rip the heart out of Earth’s most iconic city. In New York, terrifying alien invaders stalk the streets and a nightmare plague strikes down the city’s myriad inhabitants with brutal epidemic speed. The city’s systems are in chaos, its streets and skyline are smashed and in flaming ruin. This is New York City like you’ve never seen it before.