Free Comic Book Day has become a yearly tradition in comic book stores as they entice current and potential new readers alike with the lure of, as the day so accurately proclaims, a stack of free comics to try out. These titles represent most of the major comic book publishers and a cross-section of genres and age appropriateness.
The Free Comic Book Day committee have selected and announced the twelve issues that have been awarded the Gold Sponsor level. Dan Manser, FCBD spokesperson, noted “this year’s Gold Sponsors are comprised of the top publishers in the comics industry we we’re sure that fans will be pleased with the line-up.”
The full list of Gold Sponsor issues can be found below.
- Archie FCBD Digest #1 (Archie Comics)
- Avatar / Itty Bitty Hellboy / Rexodus (Dark Horse Comics)
- Bongo Free-For-All FCBD 2014(Bongo Comics)
- Guardians of the Galaxy FCBD (Marvel Comics)
- Hello Kitty and Friends Surprise! (Viz Media)
- Kaboom! Summer Blast (BOOM! Studios)
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Papercutz)
- The New 52: Futures End Special (DC Comics)
- Rise of the Maji #0 (Image Comics)
- Spongebob Freestyle Funnies 2014 (United Plankton Pictures)
- Tranformers vs. G.I. Joe (IDW Publishing)
- Uncle Scrooge: A Matter of Some Gravity (Fantagraphics Books)
The remaining 48 issues that will be awarded Silver Sponsor level will be announced in the January issue of Diamond Comic Distributors’ Previews catalog.
Free Comic Book 2014 will be held on Saturday, May 3rd, 2014.