This fall season inside Disney In Depth we celebrate the memorable quotes across each of the Toy Story films that contributed to their collective hilarity and poignancy (be sure to check out my 25 Best Toy Story Quotes if you missed it). This November marks the 15th anniversary of Toy Story 2, my favorite in the franchise (from a one-liners standpoint).
In this edition I pick the 25 best Toy Story 2 quotes, so let’s get started. Just remember to not “talk to any toy you don’t know,” as Mrs. Potato Head would say.
1. “In just a few hours, you’ll be sittin’ around a campfire with Andy, makin’ delicious, hot schmoes.” – Buzz Lightyear, revving up Woody for Cowboy Camp.
2. “No, Buzz. I am your father.” – Zurg, informing the Space Ranger that he is his dad.
3. “Somewhere in that pad of stuffing is a toy who taught me that life’s only worth living if you’re being loved by a kid. And I traveled all this way to rescue that toy, because I believed him.” – Buzz Lightyear, encouraging Woody about the value of being Andy’s toy.
4. “Ride like the wind, Bullseye.” – Woody, encouraging his trusty horse to speed ahead.
5. “And this is the Buzz Lightyear aisle. Back in 1995, short-sighted retailers did not order enough dolls to meet demand. – Tour Guide Barbie, giving Andy’s toys a tour of Al’s Toy Barn.
6. “Quick! Help me prop up Vegetable Man, or we’re done for!” – Fake Buzz Lightyear, to Mr. Potato Head, believing the walls are closing in.
7. “You have saved our lives. We are eternally grateful.” – The Little Green Men, after Mr. Potato Head saves them from falling out the window of the Pizza Planet Truck.
8. “You saved their lives? My hero! They’re so adorable. Let’s adopt them!” – Mrs. Potato Head, upon discovering that her husband rescued the Little Green Men.
9. “Buzz, Buzz! My back end’s going to Baton Rouge!” – Slinky Dog, as his “behind” gets caught on a piece of luggage during the airport scene.
10. “Remain seated, please! Permanecer sentados, por favor!” – Tour Guide Barbie, presenting her spiel before taking Andy’s toys around Al’s Toy Barn.
11. “I may not be a smart dog, but I know what roadkill is.” – Slinky Dog, aware of the dangers of crossing the road to Al’s Toy Barn.
12. “Good throw, son. That’s my boy! Go long, Buzzy!” – Zurg, playing catch with his Space Ranger son.
13. “I’m a married spud, I’m a married spud…” – Mr. Potato Head, enchanted by the arrival of spunky Tour Guide Barbie.
14. “But I don’t wanna use my head!” – Rex, before the toys pick up the dinosaur and ram him into the vent.
15. “I think it’s time that Prospector learned something called playtime.” – Woody, before loading up Stinky Pete in a Barbie backpack, the ultimate comeuppance.
15. “How do you spell F.B.I.?” – Rex, interrupting Andy’s toys’ “reenactment” of Woody’s kidnapping.
16. “You’re right, Prospector. I can’t stop Andy from growing up… but I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” – Woody, adamant to Stinky Pete that he belongs with his favorite kid.
17. “I’m packing your extra pair of shoes, and your angry eyes, just in case.” – Mrs. Potato Head, loading up her husband before his quest to find Woody.
18. “And when Andy plays with you it’s like, even though you’re not moving, you feel like you’re alive. Because that’s how he sees you.” – Jessie, talking to Woody about the feeling of lighting up a child’s life.
19. “I seriously doubt he’s getting this kind of mileage.” – Hamm, reading the owner’s manual of the Pizza Planet Truck.
20. “I say we stack ourselves up, push the intercom and pretend we’re delivering a pizza.” – Mr. Potato Head, considering how the toys can enter Al’s apartment building.
21. “Ya can’t rush art.” – Geri the Cleaner, to Al, while working on restoring Woody.
22. “It’s a dangerous world out there for a toy.” – Stinky Pete, warning Woody about the perils of being a one-armed toy.
23. “That was definitely Woody’s finest hour!” – Jessie, after Woody saves the day after rescuing her from the plane.
24. “Too late, I’m in the 40s, gotta go around the horn!” – Hamm, channel surfing to find the Al’s Toy Barn commercial.
25. “Besides, when it all ends I’ll have old Buzz Lightyear to keep me company – for infinity and beyond.” – Woody, to Buzz Lightyear, in considering what happens when Andy grows out of playing with his toys.
What is your favorite Toy Story 2 quote? What should have made this list? Share your thoughts!
This is Brett Nachman, signing off. Follow me on Twitter for alerts of new editions of Disney In Depth, Thursdays on Geeks of Doom.