Every month, Netflix Instant adds a bunch of new titles to their instant streaming service, so I’m here to give you some recommendations from their new offerings in movies and television.
Some of my favorite picks include M.A.S.H (Seasons 1-5), the rebooted RoboCop, the Starz original drama Spartacus (The Complete Series), the Robert DeNiro-Sean Penn comedy We’re No Angels, and the Dead Snow sequel. There’s plenty more, but below are some of my favorite picks for the month, along with descriptions, original release years, and Netflix launch dates.
Note – some are up on February 1, while others will be released throughout the month.
Top Netflix Picks for February 2015
- RoboCop (2014) Coming February 21. Joel Kinnaman stars in the title role of JosÃ© Padilha’s reboot of the 1987 film. Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton, and Samuel L. Jackson also star.
- House of Cards: Season 3 (2015) â€“ The third season of this Netflix original series launches on February 27th, and sees the return of Kevin Spacey as the ruthless, manipulating U.S. politician Francis Underwood with Robin Wright as his wife and partner in crime Claire.
- Russell Brand: Messiah Complex (2013) Coming February 26th â€“ 90-minute live stand-up performance from comedian and actor Russell Brand, where he delves into sensitive subjects, as usual.
- Gimme Shelter (2013) â€“ See High School Musical goodie two shoes Vanessa Hudgens as you’ve never seen her before in this indie film based on the true story of an abused pregnant teenage runaway in this drama based on a true story.
- Hot Pursuit (1987) â€“ John Cusack stars in this 80s comedy who ends up on a wacky adventure after he misses his flight to join his girlfriend and her family on their vacation. Robert Loggia, Keith David, and Jerry Stiller also star, as does a young Ben Stiller in his first acting gig.
- M.A.S.H.: Season 1Â-5 â€“ The first five seasons of the long-running 1970s television series M.A.S.H., about the doctors and staff at a mobile U.S. army station in South Korea during the Korean War.
- Spartacus: Complete Series (2010-2013) – The complete series for the Starz original historical drama starring Andy Whitfield, Jai Courtney, and Lucy Lawless.
- The Brothers Bloom (2008) â€“ The American caper comedy written and directed by Rian Johnson’s caper about the world’s most successful con men doing their “one last job,” starring Mark Ruffalo, Adrien Brody, and Rachel Weisz.
- Weâ€™re No Angels (1989) – Two escaped U.S. convicts — played by Robert De Niro and Sean Penn — disguise themselves as priests to try to get over the border into Canada in this Neil Jordan comedy. Demi Moore also stars.
- Dead Snow: Read vs. Dead (2014) Coming February 7. â€“ This zombie horror-comedy sequel to 2009’s Dead Snow prepares to fight an army of undead Nazis.
- Blood Ties (2013) Coming February 8. – A remake of the 2008 French film, this thriller stars Clive Owen as a criminal having difficulty staying straight after a lengthy stint in prison with Billy Crudup as his cop brother.Marion Cotillard, Mila Kunis, and Zoe Saldana also star.
- Scary Movie 5 (2013) Coming February 11. – Believe it or not, there was a fifth installment in the Scary Movie parody film franchise. This one, though, does not star Anna Faris or Regina Hall. Paranormal Activity, Black Swan, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Inception, and more are some of the films spoofed here.
EW has a full list of the new titles.
Be sure to check back here next month for a whole new batch of Netflix Streaming selections and recommendations for you to watch!