On this week’s The Drill Down podcast, iPhone glitches, trouble at Tesla, the end of Net neutrality by Christmas, and The Drill Downâ€™s annual Holiday Gift Guide.
The holiday season is coming up and The Drill Down would like you to be ready for it. So as we do every year around this time, weâ€™ve prepared a list of what we consider the perfect gifts to give… and get this holiday season. So before you stand around for hours this Black Friday, spend some time with us.
Audible Book of the Week
Music Break: Black FridayÂ by Steely Dan
Holiday Gift Guide
Letâ€™s start off by saying what NOT to buy: Battlefront II
1: Big Ticket | 2: Smart Home | 3: Video Game | 4: Freestyle | 5: Media
- iPad Pro 9.7â€ ($425 -128GB) or 10.5â€ ($620 – 64GB)
- Sonos One ($200)
- Nintendo Switch ($300) – Zelda Breath of the Wild
- Automatic Pro Gold ($130)
- Firefly Complete Series: 15th Anniversary ($20)
- LG OLED TV
- LG Electronics OLED65B6P Flat 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV (2016 Model) – $2,700
- LG Electronics OLED65C7P 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV (2017 Model) – $2,700
- Sous Vide (Andy uses Anova ($200), Dwayne uses Joule ($180) – both sound great) Â Â + Sous Vide at Home Book ($25) + Sous Vide Bags Kit ($24)
- Nintendo Switch ($300) – Mario Odyssey ($60) & Zelda Breath of the Wild
- Tire air compressor pump ($40)
- Think tank photo perception bag + Capture camera clip + suite
- iPhone X ($1099)
- Home Digital Assistant (Google Home ($130) or Amazon Echo ($100))
- Nintendo Switch ($300)
- Phaiser BHS-730 Bluetooth Headphones Â ($35)
- Westworld Season One: The Maze ($100 – 4k & $30 – 1080p)
- ANDY: Movies Anywhere
- DWAYNE: Streaming Devices (Apple TV 4K/ Roku/Amazon Fire TV 4K)
- TOSIN: Donate to a charity on behalf of a friend
The Drill Down on iTunes (Subscribe now!)
Add us on Stitcher!
The Drill Down on Facebook
The Drill Down on Twitter
Geeks Of Doomâ€™s The Drill Down is a roundtable-style audio podcast where we discuss the most important issues of the week, in tech and on the web and how they affect us all.
Hosts are Geeks of Doom contributor Andrew Sorcini (Mr. BabyMan), marketing research analyst Dwayne De Freitas, and Box product managerÂ Tosin Onafowokan.