It’s still Tuesday somewhere right now and I said I’d finish up my Comic-Con coverage by today, so here it is! My San Diego Comic-Con 2009 SWAG round up.
In Hall H, which is the biggest auditorium at the convention center, there’s typically volunteers handing out items at the very beginning of the day. Sometimes it’s freebies, while other times it’s a ticket you can use to redeem a bag of swag from one of the exhibit floor booths. Thursday was a Tron coin, which led to a scavenger hunt that resulted in a trip to Flynn’s Arcade; Friday was a ticket to redeem a bag of Warner Bros. freebies at the WB booth; and Saturday was a poster and pencil for Lost and I found out that those entering the Hall later in the day got a ticket to get Iron Man 2 items (I was there bright and early, so I missed out on this last ticket).
I feel like I snagged a lot more swag last year, but there were still a few goodies to be had this year, namely a Springfield High t-shirt promoting the new Nightmare On Elm Street reboot; the Tron coin and Flynn’s Arcade t-shirt; and the cute little knickknack everyone was talking about — the tiny replica box complete with red button to push for Richard Kelly’s The Box.
Below is a list of items I grabbed this year; at top is a photo of said items all rounded up together for a photo op.
– Where The Wild Things Are paper crown [as seen in the movie]
– Whiteout: Silver carabiner hook with “Whiteout” in red for the upcoming film starring Kate Beckinsale.
– Jonah Hex logo temporary tattoos
– The Final Destination sticker and luggage tag [the gods of irony knew I needed a new luggage tag, but seriously, there was no way I was putting this on my luggage].
– The Box: Aforementioned tiny replica box key chain with dome that opens to reveal a red button that can be pressed, just like the box in the movie.
– Black t-shirt “Springwood High” promoting the new Nightmare On Elm Street reboot
– Tron gold coin
– Flynn Lives and Flynn’s Arcade t-shirts [obtained at the Flynn’s Arcade outside the Con]
Twilight: New Moon
– Twilight: New Moon Burger King crown [another crown…decisions, decisions; these were given out to people waiting on the line for Hall H the morning of the New Moon panel].
— Twilight: New Moon sample trading card set [the set I got had the Wolf Pack].
– Twilight: New Moon teaser poster
– Lost university pencil
– Lost poster promoting the upcoming final season
– Blackest Knight DC comic book
– Marvel Mix-Tape comic book
*I know I grabbed a few others, but can’t find where I unpacked them. Not as many this year though.
– HBO’s True Blood “The Undead Aren’t Morning People” do not disturb [left on my hotel room doorknob].
– FOX sketchbook
– SyFy Network button pack [has buttons for a bunch of their popular shows]
– Batman Arkham Asylum do not disturb sign [left on my hotel room doorknob]
– District 9 one-sheet
– Astroboy one-sheet
– bottle opener [can’t find it, don’t remember what it was for]
– LEGO Rock Band lanyard [gave you access to play the game at one of several areas in the exhibit hall]
— Postcards for Shane Acker’s 9 movie.
— Ugly Doll postcards
— The Hitchhiker’s Guide to The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy book
– Red Generation Dead charity-type bracelet
So, there it is, a couple of cool things combined with a bunch of stuff that will go into a box at the bottom of my closet. But, it was FREE, so it’s mine.
And by the way, I had a kick-ass time at the Con and with all of my fellow movie site pals. So if I haven’t already Tweeted about you and how much fun I had with you, just know that if you were with me, I had a good time with you. Looking forward to doing it all again with you next year!
Ok, so maybe they’ll be one more SDCC post… one where I tell everyone how much I love them! We’ll see, but for now, sweet dreams of more swag to come.