After what amounts to a ridiculously long wait for rabid fans, Batman, the iconic and campy TV series from the 1960s, finally makes its nod on Blu-ray and DVD today with Batman: The Complete TV Series box set from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.
For fans of the program, which spans generations and which has never saw a proper release in the home video market due to a myriad of business reasons and concerns, this is the crÃ¨me de la crÃ¨me for not only a full-on geek person’s collection, but for those who are collectors of television programs, too.
Check out the video here below which shows a scene in split-screen mode, with one half being the original version and the other the remastered edition.
Batman, originally airing in 1966 on ABC-TV and starring Adam West as the deadpan, no-nonsense yet had flamboyance titular caped crusader and Burt Ward as his ever faithful sidekick boy wonder Robin, was a hit right from the start. Featuring an array of colorful guest stars as colorful villains which ran the entire gamut of the DC comics output and then some, the show had an appeal to everyone. It had the rare quality to catch that lightning-in-a-bottle and be part of that zeitgeist of not only being for passionate comic geeks and nerdy types who thrived and drooled at every incarnation of Bob Kane’s creation, but also to people who were anti-comic books and fantasy genres. It had the rare touch of being able to cater to both sensibilities, and yet remain somehow still middle ground for everyone. It made fun of the fact it was making fun of the fact, and that more than anything, is the benchmark for the continued success of the Batman television series.
And now, with the release of all 120 episodes remastered and a slew of bonus materials, including the original Batgirl pilot and Burt Ward’s screen test, this is something which is cause cÃ©lÃ¨bre for just about everyone when one gets right down to it. As Robin would so eloquently wax it, this is a “Holy Major Event!” and something which comes at the perfect time with the holidays right around the corner.
– ALL 120 Original Broadcast Episodes Fully Remastered OVER 3 Hours Of ALL NEW
– Hanging with Batman – A true slice of life in the words of Adam West
– Holy Memorabilia Batman! – A journey into the most sought after collectables through the eyes of 3 extraordinary collectors
– Batmania Born! – Building the World of Batman – Explore the art and design behind the fiction.
– Bats of the Round Table – A candid conversation with Adam West and his celebrity friends, chatting all things Bat ’66.
– Inventing Batman in the words of Adam West (episode 1 & 2) – A rare treat for the fans as Adam discusses his script notes on bringing Batman to life in the first and second episodes
– Na Na Na Batman! – Hollywood favorites stars and producers recount their favorite Batman memories