Every month, Netflix Instant adds a bunch of new titles to their instant streaming service, so I’m here to give you some recommendations from their new offerings in movies and television.
Some of my favorite picks this time include Marvel’s highly anticipated original series Daredevil; Kate Beckinsale’s in 2003’s Underworld; the Sundance darling The Babadook; a bunch of Leprechaun sequels; the first National Treasure film; and one of my favorite movies of all time, Hot Fuzz.
There’s plenty more titles coming in April, so below are some of my favorite picks for the month, along with descriptions, original release years, and Netflix launch dates, as well as a few notable mentions for titles leaving the streaming service this month.
Note – some are up on April 1, while others will be released throughout the month.
New To Netflix April 2015: Top Picks
- Marvel’s Daredevil, Season 1 (2015) – Coming April 10. Finally, the long-awaited original series has its Season 1 launch on Netflix, so get ready to binge-watch coming April 10th.
- Leprechaun 3 (2005); Leprechaun 4: In Space (1997); Leprechaun 6: Back 2 tha Hood (2003); Leprechaun 6: Back 2 tha Hood (2003) â€“ Coming April 1. It’s Leprechaun. In tha ‘hood. And in space. That is all.
- The Beautician and the Beast (1997) Coming April 1 â€“ Guilty pleasure starring Fran Drescher as a beautician, similar to her role on TV’s The Nanny, who is somehow hired to be a teacher for the children of the president of a small Eastern European country, played by Timothy Dalton. So, it’s basically a big-screen Nanny.
- Underworld (2003) Coming April â€“ Kate Beckinsale pours on the skintight catsuit for the first time in this 2003 vampires vs. lycans (werewolves) supernatural action film.
- The Babadook (2014) Coming April 14th â€“ A 6-year-old believes a monster heâ€™s been dreaming about called the Babadook is coming to kill him and his mom. This one was a big hit at Sundance and also made our list of favorite films of 2014.
- Hot Fuzz (2003) Coming April 16. â€“ YES!!!! One of my favorite movies of all time. I can’t get enough of it, I can watch it over and over and over again. And so should you. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost team up again for their second go-around with director Edgar Wright — the first being Shaun of the Dead. Instead of fighting zombies, they’re cops in a quaint village that turns out to be more than meets the eye.
- Noah (2014) Coming April 18th – This is the biblical story of Noah, portrayed here by Russell, with Jennifer Connelly as his wife. It’s got action, adventure, and a massive flood. Times were apparently a lot more frightening than I thought!
- Sons of Anarchy, Season 7 Coming April 25 – YES! Another must-watch. This is the full seventh season of the FX drama Sons Of Anarchy starring Charlie Hunnam in the lead role as the heir to a fearsome motorcycle gang. Shit gets real in pretty much every episode, and there’s a lot of shirtless and even pants-less Charlie Hunnam for people who like that kind of stuff. Lots of sex and violence with great storytelling.
- National Treasure (2004) Coming April 27 – Nicolas Cage is on a quest for the Declaration of Independence that contains a map for some treasure and stuff in this action/adventure heist. Some bad dudes also want the treasure too, so there’s danger. Ooh. While the sequel was a mess, this first film is very entertaining. Also stars Harvey Keitel, Jon Voight, Diane Kruger, Sean Bean, Justin Bartha, and Christopher Plummer.
Leaving Netflix April 2015: Notable Mentions
Notable items leaving Netflix in April are Annie (1982), Friday the 13â€‹th Part 1-4, 6, 8, Clue, Good Morning, Vietnam, Philadelphia, The Amityville Horror (1979), The Karate Kid 1-3 all on April 1; Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion on March 23; Paranormal Activity 4 on April 12.
THR has a full list of the new titles, as well as those leaving Netflix this April.
Be sure to check back here next month for a whole new batch of Netflix Streaming selections and recommendations for you to watch!