The nostalgic magic that we saw in Mary Poppins Returns last year is coming to your home. That’s right, the long-awaited sequel can be yours, and along with the movie comes a number of fun bonus features that will surely keep you entertained for hours.
You’ll be able to join Emily Blunt in her role as the practically perfect nanny Mary Poppins and award-winning composer, lyricist, and performer Lin-Manuel Miranda as charming lamplighter Jack in the fantastical film, which is coming to digital, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD this March. See what bonus features will be included below.
Of course, these features come with the standard bloopers and deleted scenes, as well as the commentary. But of course there’s absolutely no way that there wouldn’t be any musical bonus features as well. Luckily, the home entertainment version will have some, plus some sing-a-longs so you can join in on the fun.
Not only that, but fans of the original will see what it was like for Dick Van Dyke to return for a sequel to the film he appeared in 54 year ago.
Here are a list of the bonus features you will be able to see:
BLU-RAY & 4K ULTRA HDâ„¢:
Deleted Song: â€œThe Anthropomorphic Zooâ€ – In this early song sequence, Mary Poppins and the children visit a very special zoo where the humans and animals trade places.
The Practically Perfect Making of â€œMary Poppins Returnsâ€ – Join filmmakers and cast on an amazing journey to embrace the legacy of the original film while making a fresh modern sequel.
* Introduction – Filmmakers and cast remember the first Mary Poppins movie and share the thrill of working on â€œMary Poppins Returns.â€
Seeing Things From a Different Point of Viewâ€: The Musical Numbers of â€œMary Poppins Returnsâ€ – Go behind the scenes and experience the film’s production numbers from a new angle.
* â€œ(Underneath the) Lovely London Skyâ€ – Discover how the team mined PL Travers’ books for a fresh perspective on a much-loved character. Plus, meet the Banks children!
* â€œCan You Imagine That?â€ – Be on location for Mary’s iconic entrance from the sky, and explore the movie’s original songs, inspired by the Sherman Brothers.
* â€œNowhere to Go but Upâ€ – Experience being on set with the legendary Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury, and celebrate the joy of choosing the right balloon!
* â€œTrip a Little Light Fantasticâ€ – Led by Lin-Manuel Miranda, the cast performs the film’s biggest production number, with dancing lamplighters, bicyclists and more!
Back to Cherry Tree Lane: Dick Van Dyke Returns â€“ Dick Van Dyke, who played Bert and Mr. Dawes Sr. in the first film, returns after 54 years to Cherry Tree Lane as Mr. Dawes Jr.
Practically Perfect Bloopers â€“ There’s nowhere to go but up with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of flubs, goofs and prop fails!
* â€œThe Royal Doulton Music Hallâ€ / â€œA Cover Is Not the Bookâ€ – Find out what it takes to create two musical extravaganzas inside an animated world, highlighted by dancing animated penguins!
* â€œTurning Turtleâ€ – Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy Turvy, played by Meryl Streep, has an unusual house that turns this musical number upside-down.
* â€œCan You Imagine That?â€ – Dive under the bubbles with the cast and crew to see how this exuberant number was created.
* Leaving Topsyâ€™s â€“ After their visit to Cousin Topsy, Mary, Jack and the children pause to take a look back.
* â€œTrip a Little Light Fantasticâ€ â€“ The leeries light up the screen in this extended clip from the movie’s biggest musical production.
* Play Movie in Sing-Along Mode â€“ Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
Play Movie with Audio Commentary â€“ Watch the film with commentary by director Rob Marshall and producer John DeLuca.
Mary Poppins Returns will be released on digital on March 12, followed by a release on 4K, Blu-ray, and DVD on March 19.
Click right here for more on the film, including trailers and our review.