Avengers: Endgame featured so many memorable comic book movie moments that made audiences go through a roller coaster ride of emotions. Though there were big action spectacles and very sad goodbyes, the epic finale also had some very funny moments marked by snarky insults and name-calling, most of which came from Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) and Rocket (voice of Bradley Cooper).
These were mostly observational insults that targeted another person’s intelligence or body figure. But it was all in good fun, and to lighten the mood. So check out some of our favorites from Avengers: Endgame, below.
We excluded some of the name calling because they did not sting as much, weren’t nearly as funny, or were more just comments like Rocket telling Thor to get the crumbs out of his beard or Ant-Man saying Captain America’s ass is America’s ass. This is more about the name calling that was made in jest, based on observations, or based on the situation.
We’d also like to thank MoviePaws for contributing to this list.
- Build A Bear (When a gaunt Tony Stark sees Rocket for the first time)
- Fur-Face (Carol Danvers after Rocket asks if she was too busy to reconvene for a meeting with Nat, because she was too busy getting a haircut)
- Ratchet (Tony as he was helping Rocket with the quantum tunnel)
- Raccoon (Natasha Romanoff saying that Rocket probably never had to climb a mountain as they were scaling a mountain in 2014 Vormir)
- Rabbit (Rocket as he was being chased by the Asgardian guardsman in 2013 Asgard)
- Humy (Rocket asking Scott where Banner is)
- Idiot (Nebula warning James Rhodes that Scott was eating tacos in a landing space)
- Regular-Sized-Man (Rhodey when he lands in said landing zone)
- Puppy (Rocket as he was explaining what Morag is and where it is located, and then asks if Scott wanted to go to space)
- Thumbelina (Tony during the time heist in 2012 New York)
- Stuart Little (Tony asking Scott to pull a pin in Tony’s arc reactor in 2012 New York)
- Pissant (Tony, in 2012 New York) just before he and Steve travel back to the 1970s because he failed to retrieve the Tesseract)
- Melted Ice Cream (Rocket responding to what Thor looks like five years after they’ve killed Thanos)
- Lebowski (Tony when walking into the Quantum Tunnel construction)
- Airbag (Rocket as they are about to leave Earth to go on new adventures)
Bruce Banner/Professor Hulk
- Big Green (Rocket asking Scott where Banner is)
- Jolly Green (Tony asking about the status of the Quantum Tunnel)
- Idiot (Rhodey describing Peter to Nebula as he watches Peter dance on his way to retrieve the Power Stone on Morag in 2014)
- Quail (Thor getting Peter Quillâ€™s name wrong just as they try to figure out who is the leader of the Asgardians of the Galaxy)
- Blue Meanie (Tony describing Nebula final message to Pepper, while they were adrift in deep space)
- Idiot (Nat, in 2014 Vormir, arguing that she would be the one to sacrifice herself in order to get the Soul Stone)
- Angry Girl (Banner/Professor Hulk greeting Valkyrie in New Asgard)
- Pretty Pants (Rocket telling Thor that they are in 2014 Asgard to suck out the Aether from Jane Foster)
- Beatnik (Howard Stark asking Tony if he is “one of those beatniks” because of the beard in 1970 New Jersey)
- The Chick with Antennae (Rocket, telling Thor the family that is “kind of gone” but unable to remember Mantisâ€™ name in 2013 Asgard))
- Bleeker Street magician (Tony during the Time Heist brainstorming session)
- Mr. Rogers (this one is very debatable, but it’s when Tony is commenting on Steve Rogers’ ass in 2012 New York. Is Tony just saying Mr. Rogers as a formality or is he saying Steve is a lot like Mr. Rogers?)
Click right here for much more on Avengers: Endgame, including our review and trailers.