The Gold Box spotlight deal of the day over at Amazon today is Assassin’s Creed II for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 for only $39.78 each (that’s 34% off the list price of $59.99).
Released last month, the popular sequel game made it onto our holiday gift guide Video Game Edition this year and has been greatly improved upon from the first game.
Note, this sale is only for today while supplies last (and there’s a good chance this one will sell out really quickly).
Check out details about the game here below, along with an excerpt from our holiday gift guide.
- Explore the deadly, shadowed world of the assassin with new assassin Ezio
- Roam freely through the lush and dangerous world of Renaissance-era Italy
- Do whatever it takes to complete your missions in the game’s all-new open world and mission structure
- Thrive in an environment rich with power, revenge and conspiracy
- Practice your assassin’s art with all-new weapons and instruments created by Leonardo da Vinci
From our Holiday Gift Game – Video Game Edition ’09:
Yet another popular sequel to be released this year, Assassin’s Creed II
brings us back into the dreams of the Animus, where Desmond will now use what is called the Animus 2.0 to relive the actions of another assassin ancestor of his named Ezio. The exploration this time around takes place in 15th century Italy during the Renaissance, which is hundreds of years after the events of the first game.
The plan with this sequel was to pretty much improve upon the flaws of the original Assassin’s Creed, which suffered from repetition and some other minor blemishes on an otherwise fantastic game. The second game takes all that’s great in the original — such as the beautiful and mesmerizing historically accurate cities and locations and the perfect counter-friendly combat system — and added things like the ability to travel from place to place faster, the ability to swim, and the option to upgrade weapons and items.
These updates make promises for a fail proof adventure that any gamer would be thrilled to get on Christmas day.