The Make-A-Wish Foundation is going all out for a young boy fighting for his life in San Francisco. The foundation is set to transform S.F. into Gotham City, the fictional city that Batman fights crime in, for 5-year-old Miles, who’s currently battling leukemia.
Not only will the city be transformed, but Miles will travel around with an adult Batman to various locations throughout the day where hundreds of volunteers will help different events to take place that will allow Miles to be a real superhero.
Continue reading for the full announcement by Make-A-Wish, including where each event will unfold if you’re in the area and want to take part or bring your own family to watch.
From the Make-A-Wish blog:
Come join us for a fun-filled day of everything Bat as a young crimefighter captures villains and saves the day on November 15th!
Miles may only be 5 years old, but he is fighting a very adult battle â€“ one that we hope will save his life. Miles has leukemia. He is a sunny, positive little boy and finds his inspiration in super heroes. When we interviewed Miles for a wish, he surprised even his parents: he wishes to BE Batkid!
The day starts with a breaking news story. San Francisco’s Police Chief asks if anyone knows the whereabouts of Batkid because he needs his help solving crime and bringing the bad guys to justice. Our little Batkid, Miles, in training with adult Batman, is ready to answer the call! Of course Batkid will be riding around the City, saving the day and performing feats of derring-do!
After rescuing a damsel in distress from the Hyde St. cable car tracks in Nob Hill, and capturing the Puzzler in the act of robbing a downtown vault, Batkid will eat his lunch at the Burger Bar in San Francisco â€“ directly above Union Square. While at Burger Bar, he will get a special message from the Chief of Police to go to the window â€“ where he will look down and see a huge group of volunteers jumping up and down asking for Batkidâ€™s help. Why?
Because the villainous Mr. P. will be kidnapping a famous San Francisco mascot! The getaway car will be visible on Union Square (a convertible so that everyone can see what is happening), and the chase will be on!
After catching Mr. P., Batkid will make his final stop at City Hall, where the Mayor and the Police Chief of San Francisco will thank him and give him the key to the city. We plan on having hundreds of volunteers and donors collected to cheer and thank our Batman! This is a great opportunity to see the magic of a wish in action â€“ and a perfect outing for kids, grandkids and Bat-fans everywhere!
Here are ways you can participate:
1) You can catch the action as Miles becomes Batkid in one of several different locations around the city, and cheer him on as he fights crime and battles villains, by:
* Watching him rescue a damsel in distress, who is tied up across the Hyde Street cable car line on the 1900 block of Hyde, between Green and Union streets (approximately 10:30am)
* Seeing him catch his nemesis as he attempts to rob a vault at 550 Montgomery St. (approximately 11:00am)
* Seeing a villain kidnap Lou Seal and drive off with him from Union Square (approximately 12:45pm)
* Watching as Batkid arrives at AT&T park at 3rd and King side to apprehend the villain and free Lou Seal (approximately 1:00pm)
* Joining in a massive celebration at City Hall at 2pm as SF Mayor Ed Lee gives Miles the key to the city and congratulates him on a job well done (approximately 2:00pm)
2) You can capture it on film, video, and in print, and we will be happy to provide you additional information about Miles, his wish, our organization and the sequence of events.
Here’s to everyone who’s coming together to make this happen, and thoughts and well-wishes to little Miles from everyone here at Geeks of Doom!
[Source: via Comics Alliance]