Saturday, October 5th, 2019 at 9:00 am
Marvel Television shared some teasers and surprises with fans at Hulu’s Runaways panel at New York Comic-Con on Friday. In addition to showing an exclusive screening of the third season premiere over two months in advance of its release, Marvel TV Head Jeph Loeb shared the extent of the Cloak & Dagger crossover event as well as some tidbits from the upcoming season.
Fans watched as the cast and crew graced the stage for a panel discussion held in the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden. Alongside Loeb were series stars Rhenzy Feliz, Lyrica Okano, Virginia Gardner, Ariela Barer, Gregg Sulkin, Allegra Acosta, and executive producers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage of The OC fame.
Read here below for our top five takeaways from the Marvel’s Runaways panel and premiere!
Top 5 Takeaways from the Marvel’s Runaways Panel
1. Tandy (Oliva Holt) and Tyrone (Aubrey Joseph) of Cloak & Dagger will crossover into Marvel’s “Runaways” in season 3. Loeb noted how important it is for the Runaways to “learn there are other young heroes like them.” He also hinted that Tandy and Tyrone will be “integral” to the season plot. It seemed as if the crossover event could take place across multiple episodes; however, Gardner mentioned “the whole Cloak & Dagger episode” as one of her favorite memories of the season, so perhaps it will only be one.
2. It was also hinted that perhaps the Runaways will be seen on Cloak & Dagger as well.
3. Elizabeth Hurley recorded a special video for the Comic-Con audience, sharing she will take the role of the big bad next season as the “greatest sorceress of all time,” Morgan le Fay.
4. Runaways comic creator Brian K. Vaughan surprised and delighted fans as well as the cast and crew by waiting in the fan line during the Q & A and then introducing himself with notes of thanks to everyone for their support of the series.
5. The first episode of season 3 showed just how complex and emotional the relationships can be on the show, particularly between romantic partners as well as parent and child, regardless of what actions have been taken. The episode ends with a shocking surprise.
Marvel Television teased the new season in the statement below:
“The Runaways frantically search for their captured friends Chase, Gert and Karolina. The kids go head to head with an unstoppable enemy who has targeted Leslie “” or more accurately, the child she’s carrying. Nico draws them all into a dark realm where its ruler Morgan le Fay, played by Elizabeth Hurley, is much more nefarious than anyone the kids have yet to face.”
Marvel’s Runaways returns to Hulu with all season 3 episodes on December 13, 2019.
Be sure to click right here for more from New York Comic-Con 2019!